Beware of the Leopard : Tell Us About The New vBoard Software!

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Are you planning on sending out an email from AI regarding how to use the new vBoard (or whatever it's called) software that you're migrating us onto? Kind of like a quick-start user's manual?

Maybe even post it here and put a link to the article (or official notice) at the head of every forum? Kind of like one of those rezoning signs that we always see but never fully stop to read? You know, the ones that announce a meeting that no one attends, followed by an angry public outburst when the whatever-it-is gets built?

Like this:

Mr. Prosser said, "You were quite entitled to make any suggestions or protests at the appropriate time, you know."

"Appropriate time?" hooted Arthur. "Appropriate time? The first I knew about it was when a workman arrived at my home yesterday. I asked him if he'd come to clean the windows and he said no, he'd come to demolish the house. He didn't tell me straight away of course. Oh no. First he wiped a couple of windows and charged me a fiver. Then he told me."

"But Mr. Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well, as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well, the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice, didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display on the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard.'"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    The transition to vBulletin should go smoothly. There should be little, if *anything*, that you'll have to un-learn or re-learn about navigating and posting in the forums.

The New AppleInsider? will look and function mostly like the Old AppeInsider?, only with a few minor cosmetic updates we're working on.

If we choose to turn on or change any functions that aren't already available here currently, we will certainly post an announcement on the main forum listing or in General Discussion to explain.

Don't worry about it!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    ROFLMAO... God I love Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams.. you were a genius, rest in peace.