Apple shares 'Dads' trailer, debuts on Apple TV+ on June 19

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple has released a trailer for its upcoming Apple TV+ show "Dads," and has revealed that the show is debuting on June 19.

Bryce Dallas Howard and Ron Howard, from Apple TV+
Bryce Dallas Howard and Ron Howard, from Apple TV+ "Dads"

The Apple TV+ show "Dads" is a documentary discussing fatherhood with celebrities like Will Smith, Kenan Thompson, Ron Howard, Judd Apatow, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Fallon, Neil Patrick Harris, Ken Jeong, Patton Oswalt, and Jimmy Kimmel. As part of the wider documentary, the fathers of special needs parents and their struggles are documented.

The feature, directed by Bryce Dallas Howard, "offers a firsthand glimpse into the trials and tribulations of modern-day parenting through revealing interviews, rare home-movie footage, viral videos, and hilarious and thoughtful testimonials from some of Hollywood's funniest celebrities" accordinng to Apple.

The documentary is Bryce Dallas Howard directorial debut. It debuts in time for Fathers day, on Friday, June 19.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Sounds riveting. 
  • Reply 2 of 9
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Apple TV+ seems to have a preoccupation with celebrity.  Art people interrested in this stuff?
    razorpit
  • Reply 3 of 9
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    Not interesting to me but I don’t know, I remember when famous rapist Bill Cosby’s book Fatherhood was a number 1 bestseller for what seemed like years. Total fluff as far as I can tell from the trailer but people like this stuff.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,022member
    It's light hearted, compared to the current media.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jdb8167 said:
    Not interesting to me but I don’t know, I remember when famous rapist Bill Cosby’s book Fatherhood was a number 1 bestseller for what seemed like years. Total fluff as far as I can tell from the trailer but people like this stuff.
    Hmmm., we must be really different. I watched the trailer and felt my heart swelling (confesses the father to two daughters, who related to just about every scene that was featured). 
  • Reply 6 of 9
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    I am sure there is a small but reasonably sized bunch of people who really like this kind of show. Not many at all would pay $4.99 a month for it though.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    jdb8167 said:
    Hmmm., we must be really different. I watched the trailer and felt my heart swelling (confesses the father to two daughters, who related to just about every scene that was featured). 
    Exactly my point. There is no reason to be cynical about this show. It will likely appeal to a large audience. 
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Ar40Ar40 Posts: 10member
    I cried watching this trailer. As a Dad, this show means a lot. Refreshing to see some love after all the man-bashing.
    razorpit
  • Reply 9 of 9
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    crowley said:
    Apple TV+ seems to have a preoccupation with celebrity.  Art people interrested in this stuff?
    Common you don't want to hear Jimmy Kimmel talking about being a dad.  ;)

Guess these people gotta figure out some way to stay relevant.