How about updating the site...

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
...once in a while.

[ 03-06-2003: Message edited by: tripm ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I take it you're new here.

We don't have access to the main page. If you were to read back through some of the Suggestions threads you'd see a number of times where I've ranted about not having proper full access to the server for things like this.

[ 03-06-2003: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tripmtripm Posts: 8member
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>I take it you're new here.

We don't have access to the main page. If you were to read back through some of the Suggestions threads you'd see a number of times where I've ranted about now having proper full access to the server for things like this.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I guess "Posts: 1" really gave it away.

I only joined the forum to leave that one smartass thread. Seems like appleinsider is doomed to forever be a catatonic site.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    <a href="http://www.appleinsider.com"; target="_blank">www.appleinsider.com</a> might be catatonic, but forums.appleinsider.com is humming along. Stick around.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Ooops, important typo! I meant "not having access", not "now having access".

Anyway, Amorph is right. The forums are alive as ever regardless of the site's front page. Most people in the past couple years haven't come here for the front page at all anyway.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    tripmtripm Posts: 8member
    it's just kinda wierd, 'cause i remember recently reading somewhere that appleinsider was "under new management" and back in full swing.

... then there was the token update (imac revision due this week) and then nuthin.

insert cricket sound here
  • Reply 6 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>I take it you're new here.

We don't have access to the main page. If you were to read back through some of the Suggestions threads you'd see a number of times where I've ranted about not having proper full access to the server for things like this.

[ 03-06-2003: Message edited by: Brad ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why is it that we dont just start are own site, **** these people that dont give u access to the front page.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac_Man:

<strong>

Why is it that we dont just start are own site, **** these people that dont give u access to the front page.</strong><hr></blockquote>

We really kind of are our own site, kinda. It's just that we still live on their servers.

When the switch to vB finally happens, our we going to just switch to that and stay on the MacNN servers, or are we moving to a new server?