New Macbook Pro 16" makes error during Setup

Posted:
in Genius Bar
I just posted about buying (and then returning) a new MacBook Pro that wasn't new.
This is about the replacement MacBook Pro I just got.
Note that the first one was gray and the replacement is silver.  I mention this because the silver ones are hard to find. I ordered it because they (BestBuy) said they could get one.

I was in the middle of a basic simple new, first time, setup, and suddenly the system crashed or reverted to the home page with an error posted.
I followed through with the error to get the details which I'll try to attach.  "System Sleep Wake experienced a problem."

My questions are: 
What does it mean for a new computer being set up to have this error happen?    Is this a significant flaw that needs to be fixed?
and also
The set up process was cut short and I don't remember where I was when this happened. I didn't know how to return to the setup.
Do I need to go back to do a re-set up?  Do I do it piecemeal?  How do I know what to do?

Additional Question
This silver 16" Macbook Pro has a smell of mold or mildew (instead of the typical "new Apple device smell").  Since I have allergies, it makes me feel a little sick while using it.
I really don't know what to do. Am I going to have to return another one? 

Written on a 2014 iMac (that needs an OS upgrade), Aug. 21, 2020 at 10pm pdt

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Its a new computer so go directly to Apple and talk to them. You don't say which country so either Genius Bar at a store or online and set up a phone call.