If you use the pay over time option with the Apple Credit Card versus the Citizens Bank Options

Posted:
in iPhone
Just wanted to point something out to the buyers that in using the Goldman Sachs apple card to make 24 monthly payments you will lose that portion of your credit line on your card.

However if you use the time payments over at Citizens Bank either for the 24 month upgrade program or the 24 monthly payment option you just will have those amounts taken from your credit card of choice each month as a simple charge. If you use the Apple Card to make those Citizens Bank payments you still get that money % back on that amount each month, and you spare your credit card from having such a hit on it. (Credit to use) Available credit is impacted.

Just a heads up.

On another note Verizon is charging an upgrade fee of $20 per phone line so if anyone takes them up on a $30 credit you are still paying them an upgrade fee.

I am quite pleased with the order process this morning and all of our three lines now have iphone 12 Pro with 5G for the future.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Good to know.  If you go with the Citizen's Bank option, is it possible to pay off the balance earlier than the 24 months?  Personally would want to put some money down along with the $250 Apple quoted me on my iPhone X trade in.  
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Good to know.  If you go with the Citizen's Bank option, is it possible to pay off the balance earlier than the 24 months?  Personally would want to put some money down along with the $250 Apple quoted me on my iPhone X trade in.  
    You can pay it off or any amount you wish at any time. I use their payment portal and pay it off early each time. And since I use the apple card for the Citizens Bank Loan I still get that 3% cash back each payment.

They require a credit card to get their payments, however it does not put a huge credit limit hit as the apple card does. I noticed that on the apple card under the payments section it has a Pay More option. I just paid it off.

If Apple wants customers to get apple card financing it should not negate your total credit line. Sort of like my line of credit at my bank does not reduce my credit card limit with them. two separate things.