Music crashes since macOS Big Sur.

Posted:
in Mac Software
Has anyone else had this happen to them? Since I upgraded, Music crashes constantly. Sometimes on startup of the app, its already crashed!
So I'm left frustrated and annoyed as I can't figure out what the problem might be, except the OS upgrade. I hope a software update is in the works, with a fix. 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,549moderator
    Has anyone else had this happen to them? Since I upgraded, Music crashes constantly. Sometimes on startup of the app, its already crashed!
    So I'm left frustrated and annoyed as I can't figure out what the problem might be, except the OS upgrade. I hope a software update is in the works, with a fix. 
    What does the crash report say? There will be a line in the report that says "Thread x crashed" where x is a number. Scroll to where it lists the details for that thread number and it will show a trace of why it crashed. Copy the first few lines and you can post them here or send them to Apple. Old crash reports are stored in the Console app (/Applications/Utilities/Console) under User Reports or one of the Library/Logs/CrashReporter folders.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/read-macos-crash-reports-troubleshoot-mac/