Get a five-month Apple Music subscription for free with Shazam

Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2020
Apple this week activated a promotion that nets new Apple Music users a free five-month trial to the service, with the offer available through the company's Shazam music identification app.

Apple Music

The special holiday offer was quietly announced in an update to Shazam's App Store listing, which notes new users can receive five months of Apple Music for free by downloading Shazam and identifying a song. When a song is recognized, a conditional link appears and directs users to subscribe to the music streaming service.

Apple says the special runs through Jan. 17, 2021, and is available to new Apple Music subscribers in Australia, Canada, Mexico, the U.S. and other countries.

The standard Apple Music free trial period is limited to three months, after which customers are charged a recurring fee of $9.99 a month. Apple's music streaming service also features in all Apple One bundles, including Family Plan and Premiere tiers.

This week's Apple Music promo follows a similar campaign that presents new users three months of Apple News+ service for free.

Apple purchased Shazam in 2017 for a rumored $400 million. The audio recognition technology has since seen integration with Siri and the iOS Control Center.
Beats

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    They forgot to add the BS region, misleading headline as normal from AI. still a 3month trial for the UK.

if they read the notes properly it says up to 5months. The region is not specified who can get this.

almost worth being bothered trying.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    flydogflydog Posts: 1,124member
    They forgot to add the BS region, misleading headline as normal from AI. still a 3month trial for the UK.

if they read the notes properly it says up to 5months. The region is not specified who can get this.

You're aware that AI is a company based in the US, and the website is based in the US?  The fact that anyone can access the internet from anywhere in the world doesn't mean that the informaton is automatically relevant or correct for a particular region. 
    mike1watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    flydog said:

You're aware that AI is a company based in the US, and the website is based in the US?  The fact that anyone can access the internet from anywhere in the world doesn't mean that the informaton is automatically relevant or correct for a particular region. 

"Apple says the special runs through Jan. 17, 2021, and is available to new Apple Music subscribers in Australia, Canada, Mexico, the U.S. and other countries."

If you read the article it states this, if you check the latest release notes on the App Shazzam. "Holiday Offer through 1/17/21! Download & Shazam a Song to receive up to 5/mo free of Apple Music. New Apple Music users in GB, US,IN, NO, SE & more, terms apply.

So the headline is wrong it is UP TO, and so I no idea if the offer is just creative rubbish to get you to do Apple Music trial, or just they really only intentionally offered to one location.
     I don't need a lesson on geography or where AI is located that's irrelevant, Apple is a global company as is their goods and services, which don't just stop at your borders. That's unfair to make a stupid comment on that fact.  And Check the 2nd news article about Singapore health, I doubt you bothered to open it.

Beats
  • Reply 4 of 7
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    flydog said:

"Apple says the special runs through Jan. 17, 2021, and is available to new Apple Music subscribers in Australia, Canada, Mexico, the U.S. and other countries."

If you read the article it states this, if you check the latest release notes on the App Shazzam. "Holiday Offer through 1/17/21! Download & Shazam a Song to receive up to 5/mo free of Apple Music. New Apple Music users in GB, US,IN, NO, SE & more, terms apply.

So the headline is wrong it is UP TO, and so I no idea if the offer is just creative rubbish to get you to do Apple Music trial, or just they really only intentionally offered to one location.
     I don't need a lesson on geography or where AI is located that's irrelevant, Apple is a global company as is their goods and services, which don't just stop at your borders. That's unfair to make a stupid comment on that fact.  And Check the 2nd news article about Singapore health, I doubt you bothered to open it.
    So the article contained the detail, so what's your problem?  Headlines can't be expected to contain all the details.

UK reader here, and I have no issue with the headline, even though I'm a bit irked that I could only sign up for a 2 month free trial, and it linked to my iCloud account rather than my iTunes account.
    edited November 2020
  • Reply 5 of 7
    crowley said:
    flydog said:

So the article contained the detail, so what's your problem?  Headlines can't be expected to contain all the details.

UK reader here, and I have no issue with the headline, even though I'm a bit irked that I could only sign up for a 2 month free trial, and it linked to my iCloud account rather than my iTunes account.
    To be fair... and accurate, the headline should read something like "Up to 5 month free AM subscription with Shazam"  It's not any longer than the current headline and and doesn't imply that 5 months free is a given.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Only got 2 months.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    BeatsBeats Posts: 3,073member
    Shame Shazam has been on the Decline since Apple acquired them. For a while the platform was huge and on most phones. It was bigger than Alexa and commercials were starting to utilize it interactively with people. It was soon to be able to recognize more than music and Apple acquired it and it just died.