Macs that won’t make the cut for next major OS

Posted:
in macOS
I know, no one really knows, but what is the feeling what will and will not make the cut for the next major OS updates? I like to keep my stuff on the latest releases for security and features. Problem is I have 2014 Mac Mini and 2014 MacBook Air. I’m thinking they will not be supported on the next release. I could be wrong. 

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    My feeling is that the next OS version may well support your machines, or it may not. 
    razorpit
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I know, no one really knows, but what is the feeling what will and will not make the cut for the next major OS updates? I like to keep my stuff on the latest releases for security and features. Problem is I have 2014 Mac Mini and 2014 MacBookAir. I’m thinking they will not be supported on the next release. I could be wrong. 
    If they are SSD and have at least 8 GB of RAM I wouldn't be too worried. Apple usually only removes machines from the OS support list if there is a reason for it. Since plenty of recent Intel Macs are 8 GB, 256 GB SSDs with weak GPUs that I can't see any reason why they would.
    Fidonet127razorpit
  • Reply 3 of 3
    The mini has a 1TB hybrid drive which is failing, however I’m running the OS on an external drive. The Air has ports that are not working as good/touchy.