iPhone VoIP WIFI?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Do you think that the rumoured iPhone could be a voice over IP via airport? this link shows Mitsubishi have been working on it.

Gizmodo call this technology "huge" and "one that potentially threatens the cellular carriers"

this would make iPhone both a hardware and software solution.

what do you think? possible? likely?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    What i want is a phone that I use everywhere. At home it would use VoIP with my Airport, when outside the house it first searches for wireless hot spots, and then defaults to a cellular service.

In my wet dreams it would be an iPod like device with a bluetooth headpiece. It would play MP3/AAC music, MP4 video, have iChat and a Browser/Mail combo, sync with iCal/Address Book and other OSX apps, plus have a built in camera for pictures/video/and video conferencing. A 40gig drive would be built in.

Maybe...?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

What i want is a phone that I use everywhere. At home it would use VoIP with my Airport, when outside the house it first searches for wireless hot spots, and then defaults to a cellular service.

In my wet dreams it would be an iPod like device with a bluetooth headpiece. It would play MP3/AAC music, MP4 video, have iChat and a Browser/Mail combo, sync with iCal/Address Book and other OSX apps, plus have a built in camera for pictures/video/and video conferencing. A 40gig drive would be built in.

Maybe...?

you have the same wet dreams as me! spooky