Apple Fitness+ playlists featured in Apple Music search

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple is promoting Fitness+ in Apple Music, by adding a collection of playlists created for the workout subscription to the music-streaming app created by the trainers.

Part of the Apple Fitness+ service is its close integration with Apple Music, with the former using music that can be listened to on the latter. To show off this integration, Apple has added the ability to easily find Fitness+ playlists within Apple Music.

A new Browse category has been added to Apple Music's search page titled Fitness, which contains a large number of fitness-related playlists. As well as including existing playlists that could be used for working out, the category also includes a section titled "Apple Fitness+ Studio Series."

This section contains a selection of playlists, with each representing a different style of music or intended for a type of exercise. Regularly updated and curated by Apple Music editors and the Fitness+ trainers, the playlists range from a dance and electronic music-based list for rowing to country music for running, to a chill-out playlist for yoga.

Launched in December, Fitness+ is Apple's subscription service providing workouts, one which relies on data from a user's Apple Watch to monitor their progress. As well as providing on-demand workout sessions, the service also creates playlists for each individual workout, which can be listened to within Apple Music.

Apple Fitness+ costs $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year, and can be used as part of the Apple One subscription. Existing Apple Watch users can take advantage of a one-month free trial, with three months offered for customers buying an Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    I've really been enjoying Fitness+ on my Apple TV.   It may even replace the $2,000/year Sports Performance training I'd been receiving from a local health system.

I've been using it supplement the home workouts I'd been doing during the virus lockdowns.  But I don't think it can fully replace my targeted workouts.   So adding fitness workouts to Apple Music is a very nice addition to Apple Music.   I just wish they would provide an option to block rap like they do to block explicit music.   Personally, I find rap and its newer variations to be just irritating (endless Ka-Thump, Ka-Thump, Ka-Thump in  monotone) and I don't want to be bothered to interrupt a workout to skip such irritating "songs" (I put songs in quotes because songs implies music and rap is not music by any definition that I use).
    equality72521watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 13
    I've really been enjoying Fitness+ on my Apple TV.   It may even replace the $2,000/year Sports Performance training I'd been receiving from a local health system.

I've been using it supplement the home workouts I'd been doing during the virus lockdowns.  But I don't think it can fully replace my targeted workouts.   So adding fitness workouts to Apple Music is a very nice addition to Apple Music.   I just wish they would provide an option to block rap like they do to block explicit music.   Personally, I find rap and its newer variations to be just irritating (endless Ka-Thump, Ka-Thump, Ka-Thump in  monotone) and I don't want to be bothered to interrupt a workout to skip such irritating "songs" (I put songs in quotes because songs implies music and rap is not music by any definition that I use).
    Absolutely 100% agree with all of this.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 13
    I wonder what dictates the roll-out of this to other countries. It seems like a service that is 100% controlled by Apple, unlike Apple News+ and iBooks (as far as content is concerned) and it doesn't seem like a service that needs some kind of clearance from the Government. 
    Yet, unlike Apple TV+, it is only available in a few countries. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 13
    It seems Apple is rolling this fitness app out at just about the right time.  From the BBC:

Covid exercise: 'I'll never go back to the gym again'

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55210452

For myself, I've found a lot more people out on the trails and in the parks than previously.   And, there are more stories about cities creating new bike lanes  

As I was growing up there are lots of science fiction stories out about how the human race was going to evolve into giant brains with tiny, atrophied limbs since machines did all the work.   But, we a learning that that's not how it works:   the human body was not designed for sitting, it was designed for moving.  Constant moving from morning till night.

But, certainly machines doing the manual labor will be a bigger part of our future -- so exercise will need to also be a bigger part.
    But, we need to evolve our understanding of exercise from today's "150 minutes of exercise" to realize that we need multiple forms of exercise (especially as we age).   We need to understand that just walking or only doing yoga is better than doing nothing, but it is isn't enough.   I think Apple's Fitness+ along with its Apple Watch Fitness app can be a big part of helping that growth along.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Enjoying it so far, but I would like some way to control the music volume, or mute it completely, for the yoga stuff. 
  • Reply 6 of 13

(I put songs in quotes because songs implies music and rap is not music by any definition that I use).
    🙄

• Reply 7 of 13
    Rayz2016 said:

(I put songs in quotes because songs implies music and rap is not music by any definition that I use).
    🙄

LOL....
    Enjoy your Ka-Thump - Ka-Thump - Ka-Thump ... In Monotone....  
    ... I'll stick to music.

Maybe you need to do some more yoga. 
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Rayz2016 said:

🙄

LOL....
    ... I'll stick to music.

🙄🙄
    bestkeptsecret
  • Reply 9 of 13
    AppleishAppleish Posts: 691member
    Zero chance I will ever get another gym membership. For one thing, it's going to be 2022 or later before they are anywhere near safe to go to, thanks to the botched rollout of the vaccine from the executive branch. Not to mention the idiots who refuse the vaccine.

Fitness+ has been great. We're moving in a few months. We are going to put together a dedicated home gym space. Moving the 65" LG into there for Fitness+. Getting a bigger LG for the home theater. 
    edited January 2021 GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Rayz2016 said:
    Rayz2016 said:

🙄

LOL....
    ... I'll stick to music.

🙄🙄

LOL....
    ... I'll stick to music.

Maybe you need to do some A LOT more yoga. 
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Appleish said:
    Zero chance I will ever get another gym membership. For one thing, it's going to be 2022 or later before they are anywhere near safe to go to, thanks to the botched rollout of the vaccine from the executive branch. Not to mention the idiots who refuse the vaccine.

Fitness+ has been great. We're moving in a few months. We are going to put together a dedicated home gym space. Moving the 65" LG into there for Fitness+. Getting a bigger LG for the home theater. 

That's great!
    Just be aware that dumbbells may be hard to find.   They were completely unavailable until about a month or two ago when I saw some at Dick's -- but those were pretty pricey.   Hopefully supply has or will improve though.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Rayz2016 said:
    Rayz2016 said:

ߙ䦬t;br>
    LOL....
    ... I'll stick to music.

ߙ䰟鄦lt;/div>

LOL....
    ... I'll stick to music.

The eye-roll simply is a reaction to your narrow view on what constitutes music. It doesn't imply that he listens to it or that it is the only thing he enjoys. 
    The double eye-roll should have clued you in, but the point has obviously gone over your head. 
    edited January 2021
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Rayz2016 said:
    Rayz2016 said:

ߙ䦬t;br>
    LOL....
    ... I'll stick to music.

ߙ䰟鄦lt;/div>

LOL....
    ... I'll stick to music.

The eye-roll simply is a reaction to your narrow view on what constitutes music. It doesn't imply that he listens to it or that it is the only thing he enjoys. 
    The double eye-roll should have clued you in, but the point has obviously gone over your head. 

The mocking is simply a reaction to his childish, 1st grade taunts.