Screen problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My original B&W G3 17 inch screen is starting to have some problems. When he is cold, everything is fine, but after a few hours On, he is starting to switch off, then swith on ( a few seconds), switch off ...

Do you think it's the beginning of big troubles, or a minor failure easy to repair without spending too many bucks ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    your monitor dies. say goodbye.

I have heard of this about a year ago...lemme search for it...nothing found.

anyways, what you're experiencing is a failing monitor.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

your monitor dies. say goodbye.

I have heard of this about a year ago...lemme search for it...nothing found.

anyways, what you're experiencing is a failing monitor.

Thanks Defiant , that's what i feared. It will prevent me to bring it to my retailor. I am going to search a good 17 inch LCD screen.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    hey, I suggest you look at Formac .

• Reply 4 of 8
    Thanks, the Formac gallery screen are very good with their MVA LCD tech, but i find a less expansive screen : the hyunday G17, three years warranty on site, 20 ms, contrast ratio 500 / 1 , 250 cd/m2, 150° 125 ° (not very good, but i am alone in front of my computer at home), VGA and DVI input, hub USB, headphone plug, two HP of 2 w .. for only 570 euros (but i think you can find it for less).
  • Reply 5 of 8
    that's not much, ok- have fun with it!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Just updating to say that i am very happy of my Hyundai or Image Quest Q17 screen. It's sharp well contrasted (the ratio of 500/1) is great and is an important feature when you choose an LCD screen.

I have also an Ilyama screen and even if the brightness is higher 350 cd the contrast is only 300. The Image quest looks better.

For 560 ? all tax included it's a pretty good buy (probabily less expansive in the US).
  • Reply 7 of 8
    roger, thanks for the update
  • Reply 8 of 8

Seems a minor issue, get it done at less here.