Favorite new feature...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
...is seeing who is on the boards. Its interesting to see who is waiting their time on these boards the same as me

also there seem to always be a nice number of guests...kinda cool to see how many lurkers there are

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    you never see me... I'm invisible...
  • Reply 2 of 12
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

haha...slicker then snot
  • Reply 3 of 12
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    That's cool, but misleading, I tend to just leave web pages open, though I do it less on the PB, than on my PC, unless the PB is at my desk, then I just leave apps open all the time.

What is the coolest feature, though, not really new, has to be the layout/color scheme. Pretty. AI keeps it's title as the best looking web forum out there. Kudos.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    the text box is now bigger
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

Heh, I do, but your name is marked with an asterik to indicate that normal members can't see you.

Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

What is the coolest feature, though, not really new, has to be the layout/color scheme. Pretty. AI keeps it's title as the best looking web forum out there. Kudos.

And this was the hardest part of the transition. Want to see just how much of the layout had to be rewritten? About 90 different templates had to be rewritten to get the format where it is now. Take a look here to see what the original vBulletin layout looks like. That's the "admin demo" forum. You can actually log into its admin control panel to see how things work. It's pretty slick.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Heh, I do, but your name is marked with an asterik to indicate that normal members can't see you.

And this was the hardest part of the transition. Want to see just how much of the layout had to be rewritten? About 90 different templates had to be rewritten to get the format where it is now. Take a look here to see what the original vBulletin layout looks like. That's the "admin demo" forum. You can actually log into its admin control panel to see how things work. It's pretty slick.

That sucks so much.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stunned

the text box is now bigger

Hell yeah. Now I don't have to type posts in a text editor and paste them into the text box here. I couldn't stand that small one before...
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Hell yeah. Now I don't have to type posts in a text editor and paste them into the text box here. I couldn't stand that small one before...

hmmm
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

• Reply 10 of 12
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

I don't get why you want to be invisible anyway...

also that Omni thread you linked to doesn't have the original links... stupid spymac...

good point tho, I use OW everyday... the bigger text box is just a bit too long IMOI like to be able to see the bottom "reply" buttons in this window.. I get to about the bottom of the URL button...
  • Reply 11 of 12
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    I suspect the bigger text box is merely a ploy to fool EmAn into writing longer posts.

I've actually taken to logging out of the forums now just to hear the cool Knight Rider music.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

I don't get why you want to be invisible anyway...

also that Omni thread you linked to doesn't have the original links... stupid spymac...

I'm invisible because...uh..don't know.

Spymac: