Appraisal of B/W PowerMac G3

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Can anyone tell me what I should sell a Blue&White PowerMac G3 350 MHz with 192 MB RAM, 6 GB HDD, OSX + OS 9, Canon printer BJC 2110 and Canon scanner, also with a 17-inch Sylvania CRT display. I know it can;t be that much, but every little bit of $ helps...to buy a new PowerBook.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    (NOTE this is NOT the same G3 in my signature. That one is my dad's, the one that I am selling i came across a few weeks ago. Just to clear things up.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    With the printer and scanner/monitor, you might be able to get around $500-$600 for the whole deal (if not more; those crazy eBay kids just love to bid...)

For the tower alone, about $400 (I've had my 350 B/W tower appraised by PowerMax for about that).

Good luck - and do wait if you can, but buy now if you need to (this fall may be interesting, but right now TiBooks are a steal!)
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

With the printer and scanner/monitor, you might be able to get around $500-$600 for the whole deal (if not more; those crazy eBay kids just love to bid...)

For the tower alone, about $400 (I've had my 350 B/W tower appraised by PowerMax for about that).

Good luck - and do wait if you can, but buy now if you need to (this fall may be interesting, but right now TiBooks are a steal!)

I agree with fred_lj. You will most likely get that price for your setup. I would sell before the summer, just incase the 970 comes out because the 970 will probably drive the price of the B&W down like crazy.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Keep it!

The B&W is a great machine...it's got the 100mhz bus, the legacy ADB stuff, plus the USB. Furthermore, it is one machine I have heard very few complaints (other than not being able to ad a giant hard drive with the revision 1 without a PCI ide controller). Keep it around as an OS X or OS 9 server, it performs adequately with either, and as a server more than acceptable.

Don't sell! The B&W rules! (note: this doesn't mean i want to buy it)

If you really, really need money, find a friend, bring a kidney failure upon them and then sell them your kidney. Works everytime!

Prog
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I got a B&W Rev 2 and I just love it. No complaints here. Even Jag runs good on it and at a good speed.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    It is a revision 2, and PowerMax appraised mine at $400 as well. I want a miniBook, not a TiBook, though.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by StealthRider

It is a revision 2, and PowerMax appraised mine at $400 as well. I want a miniBook, not a TiBook, though.

Rev2! Then you must keep it!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

Rev2! Then you must keep it!

No, I really musn't. like I said, my dad has an old blue and white rev 2 that we upgraded to G4 with lots of extra stuff, but this was my sisters' and my computer. Now i will be going to a PC filled high school instead of Mac Middle School, so I want a Mac laptop to take there so I can keep my sanity.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by StealthRider

No, I really musn't. like I said, my dad has an old blue and white rev 2 that we upgraded to G4 with lots of extra stuff, but this was my sisters' and my computer. Now i will be going to a PC filled high school instead of Mac Middle School, so I want a Mac laptop to take there so I can keep my sanity.

ok, you win

good luck selling!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    thanks, everyone.