What does "Soon" mean to Apple?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What does soon mean to Apple, less than a year?

The Mac version of ATI's 9700 Pro has been coming out "soon" for how long? I hope it comes out before ATI replaces the 9800 Pro on the PC side.

Pathetic.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    jante99jante99 Posts: 539member
    Well the 5 gig iPod has been temporarily unavailable since January so "soon" to Apple probably means years if temporarily means months.

Dictionary.com disagrees though.

Soon means in the near future; shortly.

Temporarily means for a limited time only.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I guess you mean, "what does soon mean to ATI?"

Companies are getting in the habit of paper launching products months in advance, like the entire GeForce FX line-up, the new Radeons, the original Athlon XP 2800+, etc.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Companies are getting in the habit of paper launching products months in advance,

*cough*

17 inch PB

• Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by trailmaster308

*cough*

17 inch PB

Waiting for the 17 PB is like watching paint dry. Paint that never dries actually.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trailmaster308

*cough*

17 inch PB

Yes, and the original iMac, Power Mac G4 500 MHz and many other Apple products.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
  • Reply 7 of 9
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    2 to 3 months. this is the standard definition of soon at apple.

hth
  • Reply 8 of 9
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Yes, and the original iMac, Power Mac G4 500 MHz and many other Apple products.

I think the only(recent) product not to have this problem was the Cube. Of course, I may just think this because I bought mine a week before it was discontinued. Had I waited I could have saved a bit.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    jcjc Posts: 342member
    acording to apple the term soon is broken down per letter at a rate of 22.5 days per letter.

SO, soon is composed of 4 letters, s,o,o,n: which comes out to 90 days.

on rare ocasions soon can be spelled by apple as such: sooon or sooooon. However they have never been known to shorten it to son as that just does not make since.8)