Sad to see them die

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

About the Iraqi crisis. There are some points which strike me as being a bit hypocritical. The Iraqis have gased and otherwise killed and injured one of their lesser loved population groups (the Kourds in the North):

This isn't true, according to both the Defense Intelligence Agency and the U.S. Marines' Archive, both of which have concluded that the bodies of thousands of Kurds showed symptoms of cynanide gas poisoning, which was the preferred chemical weapon of the Iranians, whereas the Iraqis used mustard gas.

And....for yet more emotional blackmail candy BS: Iraqi troops pulled Kuwaiti babies out of their incubators and let them die on the cold floor. This lie was broadcast widely during the Gulf War, to convince the world that all Iraqis were inherently evil. Naturally, FOX have brought this issue up 3 timnes in the last10 weeks and it was mentioned on CNN twice so far (may be more).
  • Reply 22 of 35
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

This isn't true, according to both the Defense Intelligence Agency and the U.S. Marines' Archive, both of which have concluded that the bodies of thousands of Kurds showed symptoms of cynanide gas poisoning, which was the preferred chemical weapon of the Iranians, whereas the Iraqis used mustard gas.

And....for yet more emotional blackmail candy BS: Iraqi troops pulled Kuwaiti babies out of their incubators and let them die on the cold floor. This lie was broadcast widely during the Gulf War, to convince the world that all Iraqis were inherently evil. Naturally, FOX have brought this issue up 3 timnes in the last10 weeks and it was mentioned on CNN twice so far (may be more).

Ah yes, they're all lies. After all, you're always right, just like when you told us the video of the Palestinians celebrating in the streets after 9/11 was archived footage, and that fact was widely publicized...Of course you were flat out wrong...

Why do I not believe you?
  • Reply 23 of 35
    With the title of this thread I thought maybe it would be referencing the residents of Bhagdad and other Iraqi cities who were killed over the last 3 days. Not 16 soldiers in a helicopter accident. big deal, that could have happened anywhere in the world and is an inconseqential accident.

ummm, do american bombs ID people before the hot shrapnel rips through their fleshy bodies?

hmmm military personnel defending their country... kill.

hmmm civilian who has nowhere to run... spare.

(remember, we are all pink on the inside).
  • Reply 24 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

This is off the subject or is it.... Mika I saw your signature and I was reminded of this:

Fellowship, you know you?re addressing the wrong person. That sig was borrowed from the Pulp Fiction script, and that?s the context in which it should be read and interpreted. I was just being playful.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by mika_mk1984

Fellowship, you know you?re addressing the wrong person. That sig was borrowed from the Pulp Fiction script, and that?s the context in which it should be read and interpreted. I was just being playful.

say "what" again, mother fvcker, i dare you.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

say "what" again, mother fvcker, i dare you.

"what" aint a country I ever heard of. They speak English in "what"?

ok, no more quoting pulp fiction...back to the thread topic....

Quote:

And I never said Hussein is good. It's just none of our business

careful with this costique.... while I agree that we shouldn't be there, and I don't agree with war at all... but if the people want a change and are unable to produce a change.... there should be someone to help the people become free... should it be the US? probably not alone, even if the country is perceived as a threat to us (that is such a bogus argument)...

anyways... the fact that 12 soldiers just died should not make anyone happy... we should be sad to see anyone die...
  • Reply 27 of 35
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

anyways... the fact that 12 soldiers just died should not make anyone happy... we should be sad to see anyone die...

Of course, there are now 12 soldiers less to kill other soldiers, civilians, women, children, dogs, kittens and whatnot.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Of course, there are now 12 soldiers less to kill other soldiers, civilians, women, children, dogs, kittens and whatnot.

what a dumb assed statement.

did you actually think before you posted that?
  • Reply 29 of 35
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    My boss knows the pilot's wife's family
  • Reply 30 of 35
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac OS X Addict

I don't think this is going to end quickly. I think that President Bush said that this was going to be a long campaign in his address yesterday.

You're wrong
  • Reply 31 of 35
    It's going to take much longer to get all of the sand out of the equipment than it will take them to finish the war.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by JRC

You're wrong

Okay, whatever you say bub.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Yes you did.

Cambodia 1970-1975.

No we DIDN'T.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    With war there is death.

My prayers go out to their families, regardless of which ever side they were on.

My anger goes to those who helped make Saddam who he is. ( You know who they are )

My time that can be spared is going to support the US troops fighting this war.

My flag only goes to half mast each morning until all those that went, come home.

I little history on Cambodian deaths
  • Reply 35 of 35
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by running with scissors

what a dumb assed statement.

did you actually think before you posted that?

Yes I did, running with scissors. Mind you telling me what is so dumb about this statement? In war there is no emotion, one tells me, so I lingered on the events with the power of my ratio. It seems logical (sic!) that these men/women were there to kill, as that is, par excellence, the goal of a war. A tentative conclusion then would be that the people they could have / would have / should have (...) killed are still alive today. Such is this horrid thing called war which the Americans so eagerly wanted. Now don't come crying if I don't collapse in tears the first time a bunch of 17 year-olds run a helicopter in the ground, fighting for AMERICA!

... got off on a bit of a rant there in that last sentence. Must get hold of myself. Still, I, for the moment, stand by what I said. I WILL listen to any good argument you might have to persuade me of another stance in this matter.