The missing forum?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
There's Future Hardware and Current Hardware. That leaves...Past Hardware. Not only does my current Mac fall in this category (600MHz iMac), but I bet a forum like this could be filled with romantic nostalgia about all our old Quadras, Performas, Color Classics, IIe's, etc. - especially since a lot of people still have their old machines running.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I think that would be considered current, but there's quite a bit of nostalgia in General Discussion
  • Reply 2 of 6
    grimsongrimson Posts: 108member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I think that would be considered current, but there's quite a bit of nostalgia in General Discussion

True enough. But a forum dedicated to nostalgia might encourage even more. Whether or not this is a good thing, though, I can't say. But for some reason I love reading about the classic machines. I'm 36, meaning I grew up with the original Macs in junior high school being the first 'real' computers (not counting Sinclair ZX/81s and Commodore 64s) I ever used.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I think a "Nostalgia" forum has promise, but the big problem would be deciding when something changes from "current" to "nostalgia." When it's not officially sold new anymore? When it no longer supports the current OS? When it's a full OS version from the one now?

Is the cube nostalgia? Is 9.2.2 nostalgia? What about the CRT iMac? Therein lies the conflict and question. \
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I agree - a Nostalgia forum would be a wonderful idea.

Finally a place where I can talk about my memories of 5 1/2 inch floppys and backups.

• Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by /mandolux/

I agree - a Nostalgia forum would be a wonderful idea.

Finally a place where I can talk about my memories of 5 1/2 inch floppys and backups.

such a forum needs to be accessible by acoustic modem
  • Reply 6 of 6