Logic Board Failure of new iMac 24" 2021

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware
Purchased a iMac 24" 1 month ago from Amazon. Computer worked great for first 3 weeks.  Last Saturday (6/19/21), unable to take computer out of "sleep mode". Went online and called AppleCare, no luck with rebooting.  Took iMac to Apple store, per AppleCare. Informed logic board was bad (highly unusual and unexpected), it would be repaired in 1 week.  Received telephone call Monday (6/21/21) from Apple Tech, they now want to keep the computer for technical analysis, and would replace my computer. On Tuesday (6/22/21), Tech Support now says they can't do anything (why?) and come get my computer and return to Amazon for refund.

Tonight, I pickup my computer and meet with the store manager and head of Tech Support at my local Apple store. I learn tonight 1) they don't have the tool(s) to make the repair to the logic board . . . won't arrive until July. 2) They did acknowledge their offer to replace the iMac, but they and other local Apple stores don't have anything in stock, and don't offer to make a broader search for a replacement. They didn't not respond or offer to help in any way with my dilemma of no computer to work on. Needless to say, I'm upset and angry, not for having a broken computer, but for Apple's confusion, disorganization and extremely poor communication.  

Has this happened to anyone else? I've bought and used countless Apple products, and have been totally happy with them.  This is so disappointing.  
muthuk_vanalingam

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,299member
    This is why it's good to know where you stand in terms of legal consumer rights. In many countries Apple stores being owned by Apple as OEM are obliged to make sure you get a replacement if they can't repair the not fit for purpose original sale. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,544member
    mattinoz said:
    This is why it's good to know where you stand in terms of legal consumer rights. In many countries Apple stores being owned by Apple as OEM are obliged to make sure you get a replacement if they can't repair the not fit for purpose original sale. 
    A law can’t make you give somebody something you don’t actually have.