Apple's iPhone came out 16 years ago and changed the world

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,647member
    A year into the iPhone sales, there were still articles about how it would fail.  For a long time.  

My favorite was the animation of the dogs(?) and one was saying “I want iPhone 4” and the other one just kept saying how other phones had better this, and better that and the response was “I don’t care.  I want iPhone 4.”

https://youtu.be/DaxU0ut5tUw

The iPhone was always the best overall experience.  Since day one. 
    edited June 2023 globbyradarthekatFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 22 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    byronl said:
    MacPro said:
    I predict the iPhone will sooner that later have stereoscopic lenses to help drive the VisionOS devices that are coming.  It might not be the 15 but by the time the 16 rolls out I'd wager it will.  Most likely this will be limited to the high end iPhones.
    and to capture Spatial Videos to be viewed on Vision devices :)
    Yes, that's what I wrote.
    radarthekat
  • Reply 23 of 26
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    I still have my 2007 original iPhone. Won’t trade it or sell it.

radarthekat
  • Reply 24 of 26
    globbyglobby Posts: 8member
    clemynx said:
    The amount of revisionism about how much the iPhone has changed things is increasing more than ever. People who have spent a decade hating on iPhones are now starting to recognize that it is indeed a very good product, but the idea that Apple didn’t really innovate that much with the iPhone is still present. 

Even new users who love iPhones often don’t realize how much phones sucked before. Not that anyone has to necessarily know the history of tech, but there is a lot of ignorance about what happened just 15 years ago.

I am thinking of doing a commentary of the iPhone keynote.  
    I was one of those skeptics. I tried four Windows phones beforehand - they all froze all the time, sometimes even when answering a call. I think the wakeup call was seeing a waiter with an iPhone ... made me realize it's more than a phone. Got one and haven't had to bother with any other brand since. Not saying it's perfect; just that it does a lot really well.
    edited June 2023 radarthekatFileMakerFeller
  • Reply 25 of 26
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    bluefire1 said:
    I still have my 2007 original iPhone. Won’t trade it or sell it.

I have almost every model from day one, in a cupboard, and they all work.

radarthekat
  • Reply 26 of 26
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,843moderator
    Time for some pics!

My box is still shrink-wrapped from 14 years ago. The iPhone came with a nice dock as well!
    Most importantly, the phone still works!
    Still a beautiful and elegant device.  It doesn’t look dated, as any other phone from that era certainly does.