Apple urging retail staff to wear masks again even if they're vaccinated

Posted:
in General Discussion
Amid a surge in more infectious Covid variants, Apple is recommending that its brick-and-mortar Apple Store staff begin wearing masks again.

Credit: Apple
Credit: Apple


As the more transmissible Delta variant continues to spread, Apple is urging that its retail staffers start wearing masks whether they are fully vaccinated or not, Bloomberg reported in a story update Tuesday. Retail workers must also comply with any regional health regulations, including mask mandates.

Apple had dropped its own internal mask mandate and eased other restrictions in May and June.

Staff at AppleInsider can confirm that Apple retail employees, vaccinated or not, have again started donning masks across the U.S.

Apple CEO Tim Cook had told staffers in June that they should expect to be returning to in-person work for a few days a week by September. The company recently walked back those plans until October at the earliest.

The company is said to be working on a new hybrid work model for retail staffers dubbed "Retail Flex." The new model would see brick-and-mortar staff work some weeks at Apple Store locations and other weeks at home conducting customer service and online sales tasks.

In the U.S., both hospitalizations and deaths are now increasing, especially among the unvaccinated. The more infectious Delta variant now accounts for 83% of new Covid cases in the country, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday.

Keep up with everything Apple in the weekly AppleInsider Podcast -- and get a fast news update from AppleInsider Daily. Just say, "Hey, Siri," to your HomePod mini and ask for these podcasts, and our latest HomeKit Insider episode too.If you want an ad-free main AppleInsider Podcast experience, you can support the AppleInsider podcast by subscribing for $5 per month through Apple's Podcasts app, or via Patreon if you prefer any other podcast player.

Read on AppleInsider
«134

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 73
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 17,581member
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    TheObannonFilecgWerkstylersdadpatchythepirate
  • Reply 2 of 73
    XedXed Posts: 961member
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    Sure they do. It's asshole republicans who can't seem to follow simple rules that keep exacerbating this problem.

    I now see plenty of businesses saying that if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, but for unvaccinated people to wear them. Are unvaccinated people going to wear masks? Not the ones that I know.
    edited July 20 rob53ronntmayrcfaroundaboutnowmontrosemacsbaconstangfastasleeprepressthisAlex_V
  • Reply 3 of 73
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    And it’s this type of uninformed comment that has the US in the situation it’s in.

    N95 masks are designed to minimize incoming exposure and transmission. Proper cloth masks are designed to reduce transmission. They help capture the viruses encapsulated in micro droplets as you breathe out, reducing the chance of a contagious person from spreading the virus.

    Mask wearing has been proven to help reduce spread and the data can be easily seen when comparing places with and without mask mandates (along with how seriously the people take these rules).
    mike1lkrupprob53ronntmayrcfaroundaboutnowmontrosemacsbaconstangfastasleep
  • Reply 4 of 73
    mike1mike1 Posts: 2,670member
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  

    Simply not true.
    lkrupprob53ronntmayrcfaroundaboutnowmontrosemacsbaconstangfastasleeprepressthis
  • Reply 5 of 73
    tbstephtbsteph Posts: 93member
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    Sure they do. It's asshole republicans who can't seem to follow simple rules that keep exacerbating this problem.

    I now see plenty of businesses saying that if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, but for unvaccinated people to wear them. Are unvaccinated people going to wear masks? Not the ones that I know.
    Xed has it right. There is volumes of scientific data that clearly show masks do nothing to prevent the spreading or catching a virus. Of course many will never see that sort of evidence with the news media and social media blocking access to such information. "Sure they do" is an asinine statement from someone truly uninformed. Masks are being used as a control device - not for any medical reason.  
    TheObannonFiletylersdadsdw2001MplsP
  • Reply 6 of 73
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 9,270member
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    Sure they do. It's asshole republicans who can't seem to follow simple rules that keep exacerbating this problem.

    I now see plenty of businesses saying that if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, but for unvaccinated people to wear them. Are unvaccinated people going to wear masks? Not the ones that I know.
    Yep, the so-called ‘honor system’ is a joke. Someone who refuses to get vaccinated is also not going to pay attention to the honor system by wearing a mask. They see it as an excuse not to wear a mask and don't give a shit if they spread the virus. Time for vaccination passports and severe consequences if caught using a forged one. 

    But on the other hand, the government is so incompetent it would be a complete mess. I got a letter from my county health department saying they had no record of me getting my second Pfizer shot. I got both shots at the same county vaccination center and have my county vaccination card with both stickers showing the dates and time of both shots. See what I mean?
    rcfaAlex_Vdysamoria
  • Reply 7 of 73
    iOS_Guy80iOS_Guy80 Posts: 482member
    tbsteph said:
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    Sure they do. It's asshole republicans who can't seem to follow simple rules that keep exacerbating this problem.

    I now see plenty of businesses saying that if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, but for unvaccinated people to wear them. Are unvaccinated people going to wear masks? Not the ones that I know.
    Xed has it right. There is volumes of scientific data that clearly show masks do nothing to prevent the spreading or catching a virus. Of course many will never see that sort of evidence with the news media and social media blocking access to such information. "Sure they do" is an asinine statement from someone truly uninformed. Masks are being used as a control device - not for any medical reason.  
    tbsteph said:
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    Sure they do. It's asshole republicans who can't seem to follow simple rules that keep exacerbating this problem.

    I now see plenty of businesses saying that if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, but for unvaccinated people to wear them. Are unvaccinated people going to wear masks? Not the ones that I know.
    Xed has it right. There is volumes of scientific data that clearly show masks do nothing to prevent the spreading or catching a virus. Of course many will never see that sort of evidence with the news media and social media blocking access to such information. "Sure they do" is an asinine statement from someone truly uninformed. Masks are being used as a control device - not for any medical reason.  
    You’re absolutely right mask are being used as a control device, they’re controlling the spread of the virus. Look at canucklehead’s post above.
    TheObannonFileronntmayroundaboutnowbaconstangmontrosemacsfastasleepAlex_Vdysamoria
  • Reply 8 of 73
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,682member
    This actually makes more sense (assuming masks work) than a lot of the policy we're seeing.

    For example, where my wife works (LTC), vaccinated workers don't have to wear masks or get tested. Unvaccinated workers have to wear masks and get texted 3x per week. The problem is, vaccinated people can contract and spread Covid.

    Things either need to be one way or the other (ie. follow the science, or toss it all out). This inconsistency is maddening (which might be the point?).
  • Reply 9 of 73
    xbitxbit Posts: 297member
    tbsteph said:

    There is volumes of scientific data that clearly show masks do nothing to prevent the spreading or catching a virus. Of course many will never see that sort of evidence with the news media and social media blocking access to such information. 
    Well, you're not on social media now so I'm sure you can share this peer reviewed scientific research from a respectable journal with us.
    tmayronnroundaboutnowbaconstangmontrosemacsfastasleepAlex_Vliketheskydysamoria
  • Reply 10 of 73
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,682member
    canucklehead said:
    Mask wearing has been proven to help reduce spread and the data can be easily seen when comparing places with and without mask mandates (along with how seriously the people take these rules).
    No, it actually can't, unless you cherry-pick. That's the problem with the science on this one. Both sides have data.

    The actual controlled studies (pre-Covid) showed masks were neutral to slightly ineffective, while posing certain health risks, but they were done mostly in medical environments. That's the science. (As with about anything else, observation and theoretical studies get poo-poo'd.)

    The observational studies since Covid, seem to show some effectiveness, but of course we could be looking at correlation, not causation. The theoretical studies also seem to show they *should* have an impact, but real-world and theoretical often vary.

    It isn't so much that they do nothing (even a 2% improvement for cloth masks is something), but that in the grand scheme, once you factor in everything else (like air circulation, particle densities, what the threshold of infection is, etc.) they end up not mattering too much.

    That's aerosol, though. If we're talking droplets, then yes they work (at least to a greater extent). But, hopefully we don't have a bunch of symptomatic people running around coughing on everyone. (I suppose that could be the case, but I've not seen it anywhere. I think even people with coughs are afraid to go out in public, even WITH a mask these days.)
    sdw2001
  • Reply 11 of 73
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,682member
    xbit said:
    Well, you're not on social media now so I'm sure you can share this peer reviewed scientific research from a respectable journal with us.
    There is no peer-reviewed scientific research showing either side of this debate, in that regard.
  • Reply 12 of 73
    tmaytmay Posts: 5,253member
    cgWerks said:
    canucklehead said:
    Mask wearing has been proven to help reduce spread and the data can be easily seen when comparing places with and without mask mandates (along with how seriously the people take these rules).
    No, it actually can't, unless you cherry-pick. That's the problem with the science on this one. Both sides have data.

    The actual controlled studies (pre-Covid) showed masks were neutral to slightly ineffective, while posing certain health risks, but they were done mostly in medical environments. That's the science. (As with about anything else, observation and theoretical studies get poo-poo'd.)

    The observational studies since Covid, seem to show some effectiveness, but of course we could be looking at correlation, not causation. The theoretical studies also seem to show they *should* have an impact, but real-world and theoretical often vary.

    It isn't so much that they do nothing (even a 2% improvement for cloth masks is something), but that in the grand scheme, once you factor in everything else (like air circulation, particle densities, what the threshold of infection is, etc.) they end up not mattering too much.

    That's aerosol, though. If we're talking droplets, then yes they work (at least to a greater extent). But, hopefully we don't have a bunch of symptomatic people running around coughing on everyone. (I suppose that could be the case, but I've not seen it anywhere. I think even people with coughs are afraid to go out in public, even WITH a mask these days.)
    You would be wrong.

    https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/flu-has-disappeared-worldwide-during-the-covid-pandemic1/

    "Since the novel coronavirus began its global spread, influenza cases reported to the World Health Organization from the Northern and Southern Hemispheres have dropped to minute levels. The reason, epidemiologists think, is that the public health measures taken to keep the coronavirus from spreading—notably mask wearing and social distancing—also stop the flu. Influenza viruses are transmitted in much the same way as SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and they are less effective at jumping from person to person.

    As Scientific American reported in November 2020, the drop-off in flu numbers following COVID’s arrival was swift and global. Since then, cases have stayed remarkably low. “There’s just no flu circulating,” says Greg Poland, who has studied the disease at the Mayo Clinic for decades. The U.S. saw about 700 deaths from influenza during the 2020–2021 season. In comparison, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates there were approximately 22,000 U.S. deaths in the prior season and 34,000 deaths two seasons ago."


    It was almost certainly a combination of social distancing and mask wearing that drove that low number of flu deaths this flu season. Americans are only now understanding the benefits of wearing masks during flu season, something that has been standard procedure in Asia.

    EDIT;

    added an additional link to research on mask use;

    https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118


    Abstract

    The science around the use of masks by the public to impede COVID-19 transmission is advancing rapidly. In this narrative review, we develop an analytical framework to examine mask usage, synthesizing the relevant literature to inform multiple areas: population impact, transmission characteristics, source control, wearer protection, sociological considerations, and implementation considerations. A primary route of transmission of COVID-19 is via respiratory particles, and it is known to be transmissible from presymptomatic, paucisymptomatic, and asymptomatic individuals. Reducing disease spread requires two things: limiting contacts of infected individuals via physical distancing and other measures and reducing the transmission probability per contact. The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high. Given the current shortages of medical masks, we recommend the adoption of public cloth mask wearing, as an effective form of source control, in conjunction with existing hygiene, distancing, and contact tracing strategies. Because many respiratory particles become smaller due to evaporation, we recommend increasing focus on a previously overlooked aspect of mask usage: mask wearing by infectious people (“source control”) with benefits at the population level, rather than only mask wearing by susceptible people, such as health care workers, with focus on individual outcomes. We recommend that public officials and governments strongly encourage the use of widespread face masks in public, including the use of appropriate regulation.

    edited July 20 ronnauxioroundaboutnowbaconstangmontrosemacsfastasleepAlex_V
  • Reply 13 of 73
    crowleycrowley Posts: 8,178member
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    If it’s not going to do anything then it’s not going to do any harm. And there are other opinions that say they have a significant effect. 

    Given the situation that were in, I’ll take a chance of some effect over a certainty of no effect.
    edited July 20 tmayroundaboutnowbaconstang
  • Reply 14 of 73
    Apple should disallow unvaccinated people entering into Apple Store to protect unvaccinated people. 
  • Reply 15 of 73
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,294member
    crowley said:
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    If it’s not going to do anything then it’s not going to do any harm. And there are other opinions that say they have a significant effect. 

    Given the situation that were in, I’ll take a chance of some effect over a certainty of no effect.
    Exactly.

    I honestly think there are some people who only think in black and white.  If it's not 100% true one way or the other, their brain can't comprehend it.  Cloth masks aren't anywhere near 100% effective at stopping transmission (nothing is), but if they're worn properly, they're definitely better than nothing at all.

    tmayroundaboutnowbaconstangfastasleepAlex_Vliketheskyronn
  • Reply 16 of 73
    tylersdadtylersdad Posts: 259member
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    Sure they do. It's asshole republicans who can't seem to follow simple rules that keep exacerbating this problem.

    I now see plenty of businesses saying that if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, but for unvaccinated people to wear them. Are unvaccinated people going to wear masks? Not the ones that I know.
    This asshole Republican wore one throughout the entire pandemic until the CDC said vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear them. Yes. I'm vaccinated. I have been since March 29...but you go ahead and keep generalizing. I know many Democrats who, once they no longer had to wear them, refuse to wear them ever again. 

    But, yeah, asshole Republicans. 
    sdw2001
  • Reply 17 of 73
    tylersdadtylersdad Posts: 259member
    lkrupp said:
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    Sure they do. It's asshole republicans who can't seem to follow simple rules that keep exacerbating this problem.

    I now see plenty of businesses saying that if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, but for unvaccinated people to wear them. Are unvaccinated people going to wear masks? Not the ones that I know.
    Yep, the so-called ‘honor system’ is a joke. Someone who refuses to get vaccinated is also not going to pay attention to the honor system by wearing a mask. They see it as an excuse not to wear a mask and don't give a shit if they spread the virus. Time for vaccination passports and severe consequences if caught using a forged one. 

    But on the other hand, the government is so incompetent it would be a complete mess. I got a letter from my county health department saying they had no record of me getting my second Pfizer shot. I got both shots at the same county vaccination center and have my county vaccination card with both stickers showing the dates and time of both shots. See what I mean?
    And it's the unvaccinated who are contracting severe cases, not the vaccinated. If the unvaccinated want to take their chances, let them. 
    tmaybaconstang
  • Reply 18 of 73
    tmaytmay Posts: 5,253member
    tylersdad said:
    lkrupp said:
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    Sure they do. It's asshole republicans who can't seem to follow simple rules that keep exacerbating this problem.

    I now see plenty of businesses saying that if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, but for unvaccinated people to wear them. Are unvaccinated people going to wear masks? Not the ones that I know.
    Yep, the so-called ‘honor system’ is a joke. Someone who refuses to get vaccinated is also not going to pay attention to the honor system by wearing a mask. They see it as an excuse not to wear a mask and don't give a shit if they spread the virus. Time for vaccination passports and severe consequences if caught using a forged one. 

    But on the other hand, the government is so incompetent it would be a complete mess. I got a letter from my county health department saying they had no record of me getting my second Pfizer shot. I got both shots at the same county vaccination center and have my county vaccination card with both stickers showing the dates and time of both shots. See what I mean?
    And it's the unvaccinated who are contracting severe cases, not the vaccinated. If the unvaccinated want to take their chances, let them. 
    I'm a democrat, and at this stage of vaccination in the U.S., I'm all for Darwin to have his day. The only negative is that the U.S. medical system is getting pretty tired of dealing with these hospitalizations of the unvaccinated. Myself, I'm concerned about the continuing pool of mutations that the world has yet to experience.
    edited July 20 roundaboutnowbaconstangmontrosemacsAlex_Vronn
  • Reply 19 of 73
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    And it’s this type of uninformed comment that has the US in the situation it’s in.

    N95 masks are designed to minimize incoming exposure and transmission. Proper cloth masks are designed to reduce transmission. They help capture the viruses encapsulated in micro droplets as you breathe out, reducing the chance of a contagious person from spreading the virus.

    Mask wearing has been proven to help reduce spread and the data can be easily seen when comparing places with and without mask mandates (along with how seriously the people take these rules).
    And it’s this type of uninformed comment that has the US in the situation it’s in.

    The virus is airborne. It has roughly the same particle size as the seasonal flu. Masks aren't doing much at all, if anything. There is even a 4,000 person study from Denmark specifically related to covid that's shown this.

    But sheep will believe authority no matter how little sense it makes, no matter what freedoms are restricted, so long as it fuels their sense of self-righteousness and perceived moral authority.. And a lot of people are just governed by their neuroticism and are too anxious to make decisions on their own, so they enjoy being told what to do, and assume that's how it should be for everyone, totally blind to their own arrogance.

    And the rest of us have to pay the price. The sad part is that people are willing to put kids at risk to mitigate their own selfish neuroticism. It's shameful that anyone is vaccinating kids for covid. Minors make up %0.05 of the total covid deaths (<350 cases out of around ~600k total). Basically %0. Yet cowards want to use mRNA vaccines, which have not gone through proper safety testing, not even FDA approved, for what?? Already, %90 of the elderly are vaccinated. So who are we protecting? We're protecting the sensitivity of neurotic cowards.
    edited July 20 muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 20 of 73
    tmay said:
    tylersdad said:
    lkrupp said:
    Xed said:
    sdw2001 said:
    It is amazing how we just keep repeating the insanity. We know that mask mandates and lockdowns don’t work. This is unequivocal. That is not to say masks don’t work at all, but the way we’re wearing them clearly will not be effective.  We aren’t talking about wearing an N 95 or better mask when entering a high risk environment like a medical facility or a nursing home. We’re talking about wearing a piece of cloth or paper across your face while you shop for your new AirPods. It’s not going to do anything.  
    Sure they do. It's asshole republicans who can't seem to follow simple rules that keep exacerbating this problem.

    I now see plenty of businesses saying that if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, but for unvaccinated people to wear them. Are unvaccinated people going to wear masks? Not the ones that I know.
    Yep, the so-called ‘honor system’ is a joke. Someone who refuses to get vaccinated is also not going to pay attention to the honor system by wearing a mask. They see it as an excuse not to wear a mask and don't give a shit if they spread the virus. Time for vaccination passports and severe consequences if caught using a forged one. 

    But on the other hand, the government is so incompetent it would be a complete mess. I got a letter from my county health department saying they had no record of me getting my second Pfizer shot. I got both shots at the same county vaccination center and have my county vaccination card with both stickers showing the dates and time of both shots. See what I mean?
    And it's the unvaccinated who are contracting severe cases, not the vaccinated. If the unvaccinated want to take their chances, let them. 
    I'm a democrat, and at this stage of vaccination in the U.S., I'm all for Darwin to have his day. The only negative is that the U.S. medical system is getting pretty tired of dealing with these hospitalizations of the unvaccinated. Myself, I'm concerned about the continuing pool of mutations that the world has yet to experience.
    Are you virtue signaling that you're a democrat? :D Then you go on to insinuate that you don't care about people dying just because they don't agree with you? Now it makes sense how 10s of millions of people died under communism.

    Anyway, as someone who is a physician, medical director of a clinic, working in a large medical center, in a no mask mandate state, I can assure you that hospitals are doing just fine.
    tylersdad
Sign In or Register to comment.