Quartz Graphs in Excel

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Wherever I go to look up information about Excel for Mac I keep seeing the advertised Transparent Quartz Graphs. It is not that I would ever really use this functionality, but it is certainly something to hold over Windoze user's heads. Unfortunately, wherever I go I cannot figure out how to make the damm things. It's not in help. It's not on their website. It is not on anyone else's website. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to make the graphs transparent.

Anyone know how to do it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Double click on the graph, then fill effects...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vistago

Wherever I go to look up information about Excel for Mac I keep seeing the advertised Transparent Quartz Graphs. It is not that I would ever really use this functionality, but it is certainly something to hold over Windoze user's heads. Unfortunately, wherever I go I cannot figure out how to make the damm things. It's not in help. It's not on their website. It is not on anyone else's website. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to make the graphs transparent.

Anyone know how to do it?

it depends and what you want to make transparent, if you have columns and you want to do it with those, highlight the series,

then select format, selected data series, on patterns choose fill effects, and then set the transparancy sliders.

make sure you have the latest office for x update, earlier versions when printing or saving the file as pdf did not support the trasnparancies(and made it look like it would on windows.. ugly...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Thanks for the detailed response. They really should advertize it a tad better!