Any Gardeners in the house?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have recently enjoyed the spring weather here in the North Texas area. As a result of doing more outdoors I have found a hobby of plants.

Two plants I recently purchased are:

Meyers Lemon tree:

Meyers Lemon Link

and Pink Jasmine:

Pink Jasmine Link

I love the smell of each of the two plants..

With the lemon tree I have little fruits already growing!

I enjoy it much

Any others here do any gardening?

Fellows

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I do some gardening in my house. I have planted a couple of Roses, many coniferes (pinus, Chaemocyparis, cedrus deodora ... ) many bulbs (tulips, narciss ...). I have some old trees, because my old was built in 1930 in granit.

I own a jonh deere micro-tractor lawn mower, that allow me to mow al my lawn in one hour (2000 square meter). It's perfect for the lazy gardener that i am. Unfortunately there is a lot of mole hill in my garden, and frankly i have VX gas i will use it against these terrible animals immediatly.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

and frankly i have VX gas i will use it against these terrible animals immediatly.

weapons of mass mole destruction!!!

actually i grow herbs for cooking, basil, oregeno etc. makes a difference in recipes.

my wife tends the actual garden. my 4 year old can name all the plants. (they are both terribly excited as things are starting to come up) my two year old tries to kill them all.

my favorite in texas was always the mesquite tree, it looked so tortured and forlorn.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

weapons of mass mole destruction!!!

actually i grow herbs for cooking, basil, oregeno etc. makes a difference for cooking.

my wife tends the garden. my 4 year old can name all the plants, my two year old tries to kill them all.

• Reply 4 of 7
    Let's see some pictures!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    For a while I was trying to set up a self contained, intelligent rig built out of a small refrigerator for the purpose of growing marijuana as fast as possible. At $4000 a pound wholesale (the dealers tend to mark it up 100% after that), it's a lucrative market. I made some progress, but I chickened out and haven't gone through with it. I guess it's too big of a risk for me. Now I just use it to hold warm weather plants during the winter. The environmental controls and hydropontics aren't in there.

I guess the bottom line is that, while I've never even smoked marijuana, I don't think it should be criminalized.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

I do some gardening in my house. I have planted a couple of Roses, many coniferes (pinus, Chaemocyparis, cedrus deodora ... ) many bulbs (tulips, narciss ...). I have some old trees, because my old was built in 1930 in granit.

I own a jonh deere micro-tractor lawn mower, that allow me to mow al my lawn in one hour (2000 square meter). It's perfect for the lazy gardener that i am. Unfortunately there is a lot of mole hill in my garden, and frankly i have VX gas i will use it against these terrible animals immediatly.

Post of the Year!

LOL

Fellows
  • Reply 7 of 7
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Snow still melting up here (with water seeping into my basement from the run-off). But a few hardy plants are already showing that they are alive. I planted quite a bit in the fall and am eager to see what came through this past severe winter.

I lived three years in Big Spring, Texas when I was a boy and I remember that spring came much earlier there. I remember running on the grass at Easter time. I hated the long dry Texas summers though, and the sandstorms.