Get $2 off a Subway footlong with Apple Pay's latest promo

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2021
Apple's latest Apple Pay "perk" is now available for users of the payments platform, with Subway offering a discount on one sandwich when ordering ahead.

Apple Pay Perk

Announced in an email to Apple Pay users on Thursday, the deal offers $2 off any footlong purchased with Apple Pay through the Subway app. Promo code "APPLEPAY" is required at checkout.

The promotion runs through Aug. 25 and is redeemable at participating U.S. Subway locations. Fine print included in the email notes extras, add-ons and taxes are additional. The offer excludes the Footlong PRO and Signature Wraps.

Apple Pay's promo cannot be combined with other discounts or coupons.

Alongside the Subway deal, Apple's email advertises more ways to order ahead with Apple Pay. DoorDash, Dunkin' Donuts, Gopuff and Instacart offer Apple Pay checkout options in their respective apps.

Apple routinely partners with retailers, brands, service providers and app makers to boost Apple Pay engagement. Most recently, the company earlier this month delivered back-to-school savings from Bed Bath & Beyond, Billabong, J.Crew and Quicksilver.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Lost me at Subway.
    fred1
  • Reply 2 of 5
    How does one sign up to receive these emails?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    igforbes said:
    Processed meats, white flour breads -- laced with yoga matt rubber and enough sugar to get Ireland to declare it "not bread"? 
    Sure!  I'll jump right on that discount! 
    Because, sadly, it is one of the healthiest of fast foods in America.

• Reply 4 of 5
    I'll be doing it unless I'm greeted by Megan Rapinoe at the door.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    igforbes said:
    Processed meats, white flour breads -- laced with yoga matt rubber and enough sugar to get Ireland to declare it "not bread"? 
    Sure!  I'll jump right on that discount! 
    Because, sadly, it is one of the healthiest of fast foods in America.

Very interesting!  I had no idea about any of this because I find Subway absolutely disgusting. Penn Station all day for me, thank you. Anyway, after reading your comment, I did a little research and found that the rubber chemical is no longer used. That was way back in 2014, but still troubling, nonetheless. And according to NPR: in Ireland “the court found that Subway's bread is perhaps legally closer to cake than bread.”  I thought you might find this funny, as I did. Good post. 

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche

edited August 2021 GeorgeBMac