Mail Smtp Help!??

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am using mac os x mail and I accidently typed the wrong smtp address and now have the correct addres but I would really like to delete the wrong address but I don not see an option to do anything of the sort. Its annoying because when mail doesn't send it asks me if I want to try to send it using the non-existant address. Thanks a lot Chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    In Mail go to your preferences, select the mailbox and hit edit. The bottom option, is this what you wanted?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    shagstlmshagstlm Posts: 112member
    Right thats what I thought but it doesn't work. You can't use the options to remove the address you can only change the properties of the address...but not even change the address...i tried and now have like 3 useless server names. All it did was leave the original and create another with a different name. You can't delete them...Um kinda a problem and a basic thing...let me know if I'm glancing over it but I am pretty sure that I'm not.

Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

In Mail go to your preferences, select the mailbox and hit edit. The bottom option, is this what you wanted?

• Reply 3 of 3
    cogcog Posts: 40member
    This was an old post but I was looking for the solution to the same issue....here you go.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107425

Cog