Future CART/ChampCar Star

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Danica Patrick

The first woman to ever make the podium in a Toyota Atlantic race...in her first ever race. The Toyota Atlantic Championship is the backdoor to CART (better than F1 ). She's only 21 years old as of yesterday and has real talent unlike most previous female open wheel racers...ahem Lyn St. James, Sarah Fisher.

She previously raced in the Zetek Formula Ford and Formula Vauxhall series in England.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    xterra48xterra48 Posts: 169member
    Anayone here interested in WRC?

• Reply 2 of 2
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    If more women cared to get into it, they could possibly do very well in open wheel car racing. Yes, you need to be very strong, but there are certain anatomical advantages women may have. I saw it on a learning channel, military training thingy a while ago; supposedly, women do quite well in G-load tests because of a key anatomical advantage. They're smaller, no biggie, you can also find smaller men, but also, the distance from their heart to their brain is just a little shorter than a man of the same size. I dunno how this squares with women having longer thinner necks, but under extreme loads a woman might be able to stay a bit sharper mentally, if that stuff was true. Powerdoc, a little anatomicasl clarification please.

I saw Mario Andretti once in person at the Molson Indy in TO, years back, I remember that he had a neck like an ox, an indy/F1 car can put over 4G's through your body, you know -- Quite a work out.

However, for the most part, your only going to find guys interested in gears and grease, and so I don't expect too many women to excel, not 'cause they can't, just 'cause not that many will care.