Apple invites customers, iPhone Upgrade Program members to prepare for iPhone 13 preorders...

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2021
Ahead of a start to iPhone 13 preorders on Friday, Apple is accepting iPhone Upgrade Program pre-approvals for iPhone 13 and allowing those not in the program to prepare for checkout.

iPhone 13 Preorder

Apple has once again activated the pre-approval process for new and existing iPhone Upgrade Program members and is also allowing other customers to make similar preparations ahead of Friday. The company typically initiates the system hours after the latest iPhone is announced, streamlining the cumbersome process in preparation of a hectic launch to preorders.

The process starts in the Apple Store app for iOS or on Apple.com. Tapping or clicking on the "Get "Ready" button next to iPhone 13 or iPhone 13 Pro takes users to an order page where they can choose and configure their preferred device model. Customers can elect to attach the iPhone to an existing line or purchase a new handset to be provisioned to a new line.

Apple asks for trade-ins before moving on to payment options, which include paying in full or paying a monthly fee.

Those paying in full are asked whether they would like AppleCare+ coverage prior to confirming their order. Tapping "Get Ready for Pre-Order" brings up options to confirm a carrier, browse iPhone accessories and select a payment method.

Members of Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program will go the monthly payment method route, which includes choices for Apple Card monthly installments, the iPhone Upgrade Program, Apple iPhone Payments and carrier specials. Tapping the "Get Ready for Pre-Order" button presents similar selections to those listed above with the exception of the iPhone Upgrade Program, which shows an option for loan pre-approval.

In both cases -- full payment and monthly payment -- carrier information is confirmed and customers are instructed to return on Sept. 17 to check out.

The process saves precious minutes that could mean the difference between a launch day unit or delayed delivery.

Customers in the U.S. can use the preorder preparation system until 9 p.m. Pacific on Sept. 16.

Apple's iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, or iPhone 13 Pro Max will be up for preorder on Friday, Sept. 17, at 5 a.m. Pacific. Orders are due to arrive on Sept. 24.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    iUP has represented great value if you want to upgrade every 12 months because you owe more than the iPhone is valued for trade-in. BUT this year the trade-in values for iPhone 12 are ridiculously high. Never seen anything like it. Trade-in for iP12 Pro Max is valued at $790!!
    Japhey
  • Reply 2 of 2
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    iUP has represented great value if you want to upgrade every 12 months because you owe more than the iPhone is valued for trade-in. BUT this year the trade-in values for iPhone 12 are ridiculously high. Never seen anything like it. Trade-in for iP12 Pro Max is valued at $790!!
    It’s crazy high this year! Last fall my Android brother asked me why the hell I needed a stainless steel phone. This here. This is why. I was going to skip this model, but knowing I can get a brand new 13 Pro Max for around $300 has me seriously considering upgrading my phone instead of my Series 5 now. 
    twokatmewdoozydozen