Perle Resigns!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Thank ****ing god.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...ws/5497777.htm

For those that don't know, he is the current architect of the Iraq war. Unfortunately, my first though after hearing this was that it doesn't matter since he accomplished what he set out to do: start a US occupation of Iraq for the sake of Israel, as he outlined (with Feith, currently #3 as uder-sec of defence for policy) in Clean Break .

Apparently the New Yorker article on his war profiteering really exposed him. Not that it will stop him. I doubt Trireme will be hurting any. Well, Cheney's next to go. Let's pray enough people start taking about it to make it happen.

For more a little more info on Perle:

Quote:

Richard Perle.

Official biographical information

Current Chairman of the Defense Policy Board.

Research fellow at the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research [website]._

Member of the Board of Advisors of Foundation for Defense of Democracy (FDD) [website], a pro-Israeli organization, which ?conducts research and education on international terrorism ? the most serious security threat to the United States and other free, democratic nations._ Perle shares his position on the FDD board with Charles Krauthammer, William Kristol, and Gary Bauer, all of home are well-known for their adamant pro-Israeli viewpoints.

Jewish Institute of National Security Affairs (JINSA) board member [website].

Former chairman and chief executive officer of Hollinger Digital, Inc., the media management and investment arm of Hollinger International, a newspaper publishing company (AEI website)

Former director of Jerusalem Post._ (AEI website)

Former assistant secretary of defense for international security policy, 1981-1987._ (AEI website)

Former staff aid to U.S. Senator Henry Jackson, 1969-1980._ (AEI website)

Producer, PBS, The Gulf Crisis: The Road to War, 1992._ (AEI website)

M.A., political science, Princeton University._ (AEI website)

B.A., University of Southern California._ (AEI website)

Additional information about Richard Perle

He is an adamant supporter of Israel.

At present, he has access to all manner of classified information and "he's in the loop on war planning." (Marshall 12-17-2001)

He was allegedly investigated in 1980s for possible ties to the Israeli espionage case involving Jonathan Jay Pollard._ (Steinberg 10-26-2001)

"An FBI summary of a 1970 wiretap recorded Perle discussing classified information with someone at the Israeli embassy._ He came under fire in 1983 when newspapers reported he received substantial payments to represent the interests of an Israeli weapons company._ Perle denied conflict of interest, insisting that, although he received payment for these services after he had assumed his position in the Defense Department, he was between government jobs when he worked for the Israeli firm." (Findley 1989, chapter 5; see also Saba 1984)

from CCR

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

...a US occupation of Iraq for the sake of Israel...

Mr. Hussein? Posting on MY BOARD!?

I'm honored!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I thought he was co-architect along with Mr. Wolfowitz. I'm so confused on who to blame.

His financial dealings can't have been that bad. After all, Peter Jennings didn't ask him a single question about them when he was on the other night.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Look this is silly. We all know that Renzo Piano is the only real architect in the world.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Well, he's (or was) the head of the defence policy board which creates our strategic plans. It seems to me that Feith looks at Perle as a superior. Wolfowitz has wanted this for a while as well, and has been very powerful at getting his point across. Rumsfeld...well, does it really need to be explained? And then we have Cheney. Different ends, same means. That's why this war is happening. It is a convergence of strong interests that have built up in these men for a long time. One of them couldn't have done it alone, but together they are like Voltron.

And it's not just them. There are other organized groups like the New American Century, which, incidentally, these men are all a part of.

But Perle has been the leading intellectual. Anyone else notice that he's the administration's primary spokesperson to intellectuals? He's the brains of the outfit, you might say. In fact, that's precisely what it means to be the Chairman of the Defence Policy Board.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Look this is silly. We all know that Renzo Piano is the only real architect in the world.

Hey!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Ummm, the enraged ghost of Antonio Gaudi just asked me to complain that a man named after a jumped-up harpsichord was named as the only real architect!

Then he threw a catenary at me.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Israel can shape its strategic environment, in cooperation with Turkey and Jordan, by weakening, containing, and even rolling back Syria. This effort can focus on removing Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq ? an important Israeli strategic objective in its own right ?

Uhm...am I just using a my anti-war, anti-PNAC schema here or is this really what I think it is.

To pre-empt an attack: Please no sarcasm. I am trying to determine whether this is valid or not.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    If you think it's our to defence policy planners talking explaining why Saddam needs to be removed from power for Israel's sake, then you are right.

Feith, for instance, is an award-winning zionist (Zionist Organization of America press release )

As shown above, Perle has spied for Israel. His current resignation as DPB Chairman (though NOT resignation from the board) was the result of two conflicts of interest involving two sperate incidences.

Wolfowitz is also a well-known zionist and a member of the Jewish Institute of National Security Affairs and the Center for Security Policy (along with the two above).