New iPad mini deliveries slip to October 19

Posted:
in iPad
Potential owners of the new iPad mini will have to wait until October at the earliest to get their order, with the online Apple Store seeing deliveries slip to October 19.

Following Tuesday's unveiling of the redesigned iPad mini, Apple put the latest model up for sale, with availability in stores and online starting from September 24. It appears that late buyers of the model will now have to wait a while before being able get their hands on the device.

According to the online Apple Store at the time of publication, the iPad mini will deliver to customers in the United States from October 19 at the earliest. As more people buy the iPad mini, it is almost certain that the date will slip later into October, with the very real possibility of reaching November.

While deliveries are already stretching into October, it appears the same cannot be said about in-store pickup. AppleInsider checks show it is still possible to acquire an iPad mini on September 24 at Apple Store outlets.

The new iPad mini has an edge-to-edge 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display, while retaining Touch ID by shifting it to a corner button. Inside is an A15 Bionic Chip, with the tablet also having a 12-megapixel rear camera, 12-megapixel FaceTime camera with Center Stage support, and the ability to use the Apple Pencil 2.

The model starts from $499 for the 64GB and Wi-Fi model, $649 with 5G cellular.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Mine is due the 24 September. What could go wrong?

I’m in the Netherlands. 
    edited September 2021 pulseimages
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Same for the iPhones. They all have the same shipping date range regardless of color or storage so this means that if you order one, you may get it sooner than the dates Apple shows.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,625member
    My 2017 iPad Pro is feeling old, but I’m not buying until my AAPL dividend can pay for it! 

patchythepirate
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I just bought the new iPad Mini for my wife’s birthday. She loves her old one, but mentioned how it’s feeling slow. And since she’s into making videos, that new tracking cam is going to thrill her. My schedule shows between 10/1 - 10/13. Her birthday is the 12th. 🤞
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Mine is due the 24 September. What could go wrong?

I’m in the Netherlands. 
    So am I.
    I don’t know what these rumors are worth else than some obvious attempt to get some gullble believers running into the shops.
    But there may be shortages on material for those immense bezels
    edited September 2021 williamlondon
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I just now placed an order, coming on Sept 25. I suspect that these October-dated orders are for engraved units.