Logitech Webcam

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
My friend just got a webcam tonight and I can't view it in Safari or IE, but on my roommates XP machine I can view it fine.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how i can solve it.

Dan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Maybe drivers?

I have a Logitech webcam (USB cos I don't have FW). I had to download drivers from Sourceforge, which cost, I think, $15.

Well worth it, however - the webcam has been flawless since I got them.

This was because Logitech didn't support the cam I got (I'm away from home and can't quite remember which it is - Pro something....) for OS X, which kinda sucked.

If you have already got drivers, sorry for such a basic suggestion :-)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I didn't think I would need the drivers because I don't actually have the webcam, it's on a friends computer at Umass Amherst. I have the link to webcam page, but it just won't load. With Safari it tries until the program freezes and with IE it just goes to a page explaining things for less than 1 second and back to the home page or where ever I was before.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Maybe we need some information as to how the webcam is being streamed. Is it using Quicktime? or Real? or WiMP?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I don't actually know how it's being streamed. Sorry

Dan
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Hmm, then I'm not sure either. But it should be relatively simple to have your friend invite you to view using, say, Yahoo IM.

It's a free install for both!

Works reasonably well, too.