Apple releases iOS 15.0.1 with Apple Watch Unlock, other bug fixes

Posted:
in iOS edited October 2021
Apple has released iOS 15.0.1, a minor update to its iOS 15 software that focuses on bug fixes and performance improvements.

Credit: Andrew O'Hara, AppleInsider
Credit: Andrew O'Hara, AppleInsider

The iOS 15.0.1 update, which carries a build number of 19A348, is available as an over-the-air download on compatible iPhone and iPad models. Users can get it through the software update mechanism in the Settings app.

According to Apple's release notes, iOS 15.0.1 fixes a number of bugs and issues, particularly on Apple's new iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro models. That includes an issue that prevented users from unlocking their iPhones with their Apple Watches.

The company has also addressed two other bugs in iOS 15.0.1, including one issue that incorrectly sent a "storage full" alert. Another bug squashed in today's release would start a workout unexpectedly when users were listening to an audio meditation.

Apple's first point iOS 15 update comes about a week after the company released the final version of the base software.

Earlier in September, Apple released a device-specific update for an Apple Music bug that prevented users from using the streaming service on iPhone models that were restored from an iCloud backup.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Final-Ality Apple Watch fatality  Unlocked!

MORTALLOCKBACK!!

cue techno music
    edited October 2021 watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Definitely fixed the Face ID unlock when wearing a mask with Apple Watch
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 14
    jayweiss said:
    I never had the problem mine worked the whole time 
    StrangeDaysfred1watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Lost “My Current Location” in the Apple Weather app…
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 14
    iOS 15.0.1 is now available for download on your Mac.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 14
    kelemor said:
    jayweiss said:
    I never had the problem mine worked the whole time 
    Do you have an iPhone 13?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    M68000M68000 Posts: 727member
    I wish they would fix the bug with the App Store downloads being over 100mb and asking if you want to wait for wifi or download with cellular.  The sizes of the app downloads are usually incorrect.   I know many people may have their phones set to auto update.  But I prefer to preview the apps by reading about what is going on in the new updates.  Other than that sizing issue which has carried over from many versions of iOS, iOS 15 has been very good on my 8 plus
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 14
    F_Kent_DF_Kent_D Posts: 98unconfirmed, member
    Apple Music is still having issues. Tracks stopping in the middle of them and error messages saying resource unavailable. Can’t enjoy my music anymore. Submitted a feedback ticket yesterday. I hope they fix this very soon. I almost always have Apple Music playing something. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 14
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 404member
    Any word on the previously reported airtag issue?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,023member
    Still not able to unlock my iPhone 13 Pro Max with a mask on and latest WatchOS. What am I missing?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 14
    F_Kent_D said:
    Apple Music is still having issues. Tracks stopping in the middle of them and error messages saying resource unavailable. Can’t enjoy my music anymore. Submitted a feedback ticket yesterday. I hope they fix this very soon. I almost always have Apple Music playing something. 
    iOS 15 seems to have introduced a hair trigger outage detection. I’m getting immediate server unavailable for a lot of maps direction requests. Making the request again works. 
    edited October 2021
  • Reply 12 of 14
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    With iOS 15 and TV OS 15, I thought we were getting the ability to set HomePods as default audio on Apple Tvs (like we had a while back but it vanished).  It seems this is not true.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    JinTech said:
    Still not able to unlock my iPhone 13 Pro Max with a mask on and latest WatchOS. What am I missing?
    Take the mask off the phone ;)
    kingofsomewherehotwatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 14
    retrogustoretrogusto Posts: 1,111member
    I typically wait a bit before installing big OS updates, and keep an eye on the forums to see if anyone is experiencing serious issues before I take the plunge. I didn’t see a lot of negative comments regarding OS 15, so I installed 15.0.1 on my 10.5” iPad Pro, and it slowed things down to a point where software that ran great even on my iPad 2 from March 2011 is now jittery in an annoying way. Maybe it’s only older software that’s a problem, because I haven’t noticed issues across the board, but it’s still frustrating that my iPad Pro is now unable to perform at least on par with my iPad from more than 10 years ago. And the software in question is the only one where smooth animation would be very noticeable. I tried disabling ProMotion, in case that would help, but it didn’t seem to make a difference. I really hope that future OS 15 releases improve the performance.