Just saw a pc game...daaaamn

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Live for Speed...It's this small independent game being developed by these 3 guys. It is in public Alpha 0.2 testing, but it is phenomenal! It is an online racing simulator, that has amazing physics and realism that is unparalled by any other racing game I've ever seen.

I wish that they would make a mac version, but I doubt that could ever happen cause as I said it's just 3 guys working on it. They also said they want to remain independent and not use a distributor.

you can check it out at.

www.liveforspeed.net

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

Live for Speed...It's this small independent game being developed by these 3 guys. It is in public Alpha 0.2 testing, but it is phenomenal! It is an online racing simulator, that has amazing physics and realism that is unparalled by any other racing game I've ever seen.

I wish that they would make a mac version, but I doubt that could ever happen cause as I said it's just 3 guys working on it. They also said they want to remain independent and not use a distributor.

you can check it out at.

www.liveforspeed.net

Macs are getting this instead...don't know how the two will compare graphics-wise in the end (currently, in it's early dev stage, Redline's graphics kinda suck...imo) but they will compete in the 'physics realism' and 'online' factors...or so Ambrosia says.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/news/upcom...betashots.html
  • Reply 2 of 4
    But nothing will ever beat the cool yet slightly unrealistic physics brought in Carmageddon and Carmageddon 2. I loved those games to death. If I were to pick any game to be ported to OS X, I'd pick Carmageddon 2 without hesitation.

I mean...realistic physics is great and all but what's the point if you can't really feel the car you're driving? Yeah, yeah, force-feedback wheel and analog pedals...it's still not the same...you can't really feel the car slip...you can feel the braking. Give me a car game like Carmageddon where you can make your car perform stunts, and damage other opponent cars and I'll be happy as...ummm...a guy making plastics now.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Carmageddon 2 had it all! The damage was soooo much more realistic than anything else out there. You back into a poll or something and there is a dent in its shape in your car. The physics where pretty good to. I would love to see it ported to OS X. Besides we have all had the urge to run people over and watch their limbs go everyware, to do it with a bsd subsystem would be heaven
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mount_my_floppy

Carmageddon 2 had it all! The damage was soooo much more realistic than anything else out there. You back into a poll or something and there is a dent in its shape in your car. The physics where pretty good to. I would love to see it ported to OS X. Besides we have all had the urge to run people over and watch their limbs go everyware, to do it with a bsd subsystem would be heaven

:'(

I really miss Carmageddon now. I shouldn't have brought it up.

I loved it so much I wanted my little 6 year old cousin to play it. But then I realized the point of the game was to run over pedestrians and smash other cars...and then my uncle walked into the room while my little cousin was slowly running over some guy and blood was gushing out of the body.

That was an awkward situation.