MOHAA Trouble

caqcaq
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have recently bought a copy of the game Madal Of Honor: Allied Assult. I am playing it on my white ibook 800mhz with the standard 32mb of video ram and have had a lot of fun. However i find some of the missions to be extremely slow and almost shakey in graphics. I am not running any other applications and have my energy saver set to the highest preformace. Is there anyway that I can change the settings so that it runs beter, or do u think that it is just my graphics card? Any input/suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    You can change video settings in Mohaa, it's on the box on the left area in the main room. The interface totaly blows, it is hard to find the settings.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    For what it's worth, I played a lot of MOHAA on my iBook 800 with stock components (although I did max out the regular RAM), and I don't recall it ever being particularly slow or shaky. I also never bothered to get the late update of the software for the game, but that might help, too, if you haven't tried that.

(On the other hand, I could be full of crap. I haven't played it much on my iBook since the Christmas holiday season. Maybe it was slow and shaky at times and I just dealt with it. But I don't remember that, so...)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Not the same problem as noted here, but I figure why not hijack an old thread instead of starting a new one?

Anyway, I've basically had no problems running MOHAA and playing online until just recently. What happened was: I loaded the app into memory, went the multiplayer room and then tried to bring up the internet server list. As soon as I did this the game froze / crashed.

I tried trashing the prefs and configs files (the game creates new ones when you re-launch), but no luck. Still froze.

I then tried trashing the whole install and re-installing, then adding the 1.14 patch. No luck.

I repeated the above process, playing the game once before installing 1.14 patch. Still bombs.

I cannot think of any settings that I have changed recently, network wise so I have no clue what's causing this. I only know one thing: I'm not re-installing the MOFO again because the installer is slow as shit.

Anyone got a solution to this? Pisses me off because MOHAA was my fav FPS until now. I also agree with a comment in another thread btw, that this is one of the buggiest damn ports I've ever seen. EA or Aspyr or whoever did it, did a lousy job. All kinds of wacked out texture issues on certain maps too. Especially when using the sniper scope.

PS - installing the 1.1.2 updater over the 1.1.4 updater doesn't help either (some people have said the 1.1.4 update causes freezes / crashing on their systems at various points).

One other thing that never used to happen: I get this console window that pops up after I launch the app, and it lists all these libraries and crap as they load into memory. WhereTF did that come from?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    If it's been 5 months, I think you can make a new thread.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    That's all right. I would've named mine MOHAA Trouble too, so it's a perfect fit. Think of it as one less reason for the AI server to go down again.