The Digital Era has begun! circa 2020

Posted:
in General Discussion

Did you ever think to yourself that there would be a future, where, people would have their "boxes" and only buy Digital Content?

Like Games, Music, Video, and Books (etc, even tho there's not much etc LOL)?

The reason I say the is because in the industry they say there is a chip shortage.

But envision this:

Let's say when Apple made an iPhone that out of 7 Billion people 3 Billion got the iPhone over a 5 month period.

Bear with me.

That would be 600 Million per month! or 20 Million a day!  Delivered!

The only way something like this could happen, would be if people eventually had 3D printers for their "boxes" and an in-home chip printer!

Pretty cool right?  You 3D print your iPhone, and buy glass screen replacements at the store, print the pieces slide them together, boom everyone gets an iPhone within a month!!

But here is the KICKER, you have to wait 11 months for the next model.

And this is what's happening en masse it's not a chip shortage. It's that everyone now days is in the Digital Era!

What does this really mean?  It means that every damn day people are waiters and watchers.

2020--

Xbox

PS5

iPhone

NVIDIA video card (latest)

2021--

still Xbox

still PS5

next new iPhone

NVIDIA video card (latest)

and now

MacBook Pro (M1P/M1X)

Everyone SAVES their money or Credit line for the BIG TICKET Items AND EVERYONE wants them!

They say a chip shortage, but man it's serious supply and demand, the demand for these BIG TICKET items is huge nowadays in the Digital Era.

Then people go back to using digital consumption items.

I don't know what's next for 2022 but it'll be interesting.  I am seeing Apple shine pretty hard with possible iMac, Mini and Air models.

But what are gonna be the big HOLD OUT Big Ticket Items that people are gonna scream for?  That are gonna freakin' sell out so hard that nobody will be able to buy them, cause they won't be able to make enough, because the factory can't be in everyones computer room where the 3D printer is!

I don't really see much from the other companies.  IDK maybe I am in a closed environment not seeing everything.

I mean don't get me wrong there are Extremely Big Ticket Items like a House or Car and those might be the other items of 2022, but I am not seeing much else from the other Tech Giants out there!

Thanks for reading!