Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 for $8.00

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey everyone. I recently downloaded Yellow Dog Linux from YDL.net for $89. To let others try this new OS out (and to make back some of my costs) I've decided to distribute the CDs over eBay.

Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 is supposed to be released on Terra Soft's site in approximately a month for all to download, once all the hype has died down. Even then, though, you're still looking at nearly 2 gigs of downloads.

If you're interested in getting this now, head on over to http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...410397202&rd=1 where you can just use the Buy It Now feature. It's a fixed price of $8.00. I wanted to set it low enough so that everyone may be able to try Linux for themselves!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
  • Reply 2 of 4
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Someone obviously skipped over the "no spam" section when reading the forum rules.

Barto
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Sorry, I just didn't feel this to be SPAM. At this price, I still doubt I'll break even. I'm just trying to get it out to people who otherwise would hate waiting or don't want to pay the $89.95 for a YDL.net Enhanced account. In addition, it's not illegal either, as I can simply point to the lines of the user agreement saying reproduction and distribution is allowed. At any rate, I'm hoping the forum readers feel the benefits of this post outweigh the costs.

Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Someone obviously skipped over the "no spam" section when reading the forum rules.

Barto

• Reply 4 of 4
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    You want to make money. You are advertising on eBay, a site dedicated to that stuff. You post on AppleInsider, a discussion board, trying to make money (it doesn't matter if it's good deal or not), that's spam.