Apple Music now available on Google Nest in five additional countries

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple Music users are now able to stream content in five additional countries on Google Nest speakers, including Australia, Canada, India, Mexico, and South Korea.

Apple Music available on Google Nest in additional countries
Apple Music available on Google Nest in additional countries

The additional supported countries were announced in a recent Apple Support document update. Previously, Apple Music support on Google Nest was only available in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, and Japan.

Apple Music support on Nest allows users to control playback using Google Assistant. The integration works pretty much the same as using Siri -- users will be able to ask Google Assistant to play songs, albums, and playlists without needing to say "from Apple Music" in a command.

The Apple streaming platform first came to the Google Nest ecosystem in late 2020. In addition, Apple Music is also available on Amazon Echo devices.

Users can set up Apple Music support on Google Nest through the Google Home app. The integration can be found in Settings > Music > More music services.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Try asking your Nest Mini to play one of your own playlists. It doesn’t work for me. It plays a similar sounding playlist from Apple Music. Not the one I created. I’m in Canada. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Hey remember when people were butthurt about HomePods not shipping with other music services? Turns out it's the norm to ship w/ your own first, then add more. 
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Try asking your Nest Mini to play one of your own playlists. It doesn’t work for me. It plays a similar sounding playlist from Apple Music. Not the one I created. I’m in Canada. 
    I don’t have a Nest mini, but I am in Canada and any request I make to play a self-made playlist works. Beyond confirming that, all I can suggest is removing and re-linking your account. 
    edited December 2021
  • Reply 4 of 5
    techrider said:
    I don’t have a Nest mini, but I am in Canada and any request I make to play a self-made playlist works. Beyond confirming that, all I can suggest is removing and re-linking your account. 
    What do you have then?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    techrider said:
    What do you have then?
    Mine are these discontinued Insignia models - 2nd one is portable with a rechargeable battery. 

https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS-CSPGASP-B/5865801

https://www.insigniaproducts.com/pdp/NS-CSPGASP2/5865906

While I replaced them with HomePod minis I’ve kept these alive because sometimes Google answers a question better than Siri ;) and now that Apple Music works on them the portable one is even more perfect for the backyard (except in the rain).

Who wouldn’t a want weather-proof & rechargeable HomePod mini?
    edited December 2021