Apple marketing vice president Nick Law reportedly leaving the company

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple executive Nick Law, who serves as the company's vice president of marketing communications integration, is departing the tech giant a little over two years after joining it.

Apple VP of Marcom Integration Nick Law
Apple VP of Marcom Integration Nick Law

Law's departure from the Cupertino tech giant was first reported by Ad Age, which cited sources familiar with the matter. It isn't clear why Law is leaving Apple, or where he will go next.

The executive played a key role in Apple's broader marketing strategy across TV, retail, media, and digital advertising. Ad Age notes that he was particularly involved in social and digital strategy.

Law first joined Apple in June 2019 from advertising juggernaut Publicis Groupe, where he served as chief creative officer. At the time Law called the chance to work at Apple a "once in a lifetime opportunity."

At Apple, Law served as vice president of marcom integration He reported to Apple vice president ope marketing communications Tor Myhren. He focused on leading Apple's digital efforts.

It's likely that Law has played a role in the development or maintenance of Apple's advertising and marketing strategy, which includes the "Shot on iPhone" campaigns, as well as its experiential "Today at Apple" retail campaign, which earned a Grand Prix at the Cannes Lion in 2018.

At the time of Law's joining, Apple's global marketing was headed up by Phil Schiller. Since then, Schiller has stepped down and is now the company's Apple Fellow. Greg Joswiak filled Schiller's role as SVP of Worldwide Marketing.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,293member
    Personally, I am sick of these high salary superstars who hoop from job to job every two years for a new “once in a lifetime opportunity.”

And his edgy hipster pull-over is stupid too.

Apple please hire these positions from within.  These so-called outside superstars offer little and lack dedication.  I am sick of these no-value-sociopathic climbers.

Good riddance.
    cg27waveparticlewatto_cobracat52
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cg27cg27 Posts: 213member
    badmonk said:
    Personally, I am sick of these high salary superstars who hoop from job to job every two years for a new “once in a lifetime opportunity.”

Apple please hire these positions from within.  These so-called outside superstars offer little and lack dedication.  I am sick of these no-value-sociopathic climbers.

Good riddance.
    Couldn’t agree more.  The Burberry gal is probably the best example.  Then you have folks like Srouji who is much higher paid then these marketing schmucks, but is worth every dime.
    watto_cobracat52
  • Reply 3 of 4
    JapheyJaphey Posts: 1,767member
    badmonk said:

Good riddance.
    Who cares? Do you take it this personally when Verizon or Target need to hire a new marketing VP? It’s not like your favorite character on your favorite tv show got recasted. It’s just a company that you like to buy shit from now has a job opening. The world spins on. And his “edgy hipster pull-over” is just simply a black hoody. 
    curiousrun8neoncatmuthuk_vanalingamjcs2305
  • Reply 4 of 4
    One less milquetoast, we all get trophies, sprouted-bread, soulless, pandering ad for me to complain about. You can be edgy AND still be inclusive. Enough f’n dancers and primary colors. In case you hadn’t noticed, it’s a sh*t show out here and the Twyla Tharp dance troupe arching and snapping in front of Teletubbie pinwheels might be a hard charging toe-tapper for the well-to-do boomers, but not for the rest of us earning our keep with our boots on the ground facing the daily real.