Trumpet for sale????

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is anyone interested in a professional trumpet from Holton? It's a 2000 series Millenuim Trumpet. Limited in quantity due to the fact that they were made esspicailly for the beginning of the 21st century . After the year 2000, they stopped production of these trumpets. This trumpet retailed at over $2800 when I bought it. This is a excellent professional b flat trumpet. The tone quality on this trumpet is surpurb to all other trumpets I've played including getzen, yamaha, and stomvi. This trumpet has full silver plating with gold plated slides and gold trim around the valves. This is a excellent trumpet for Jazz. It has a .460 bore and a 5" bell. This trumpet is truly for a professional only. There is a small surface scratch on the bell, which I think can be easily buffered away. and a small dent on the bell by the valves from a jaw breaker (please don't ask how) I'd like to get at least $1300-1400 for this baby, It is truly that good of a trumpet. Please ask questions. I'm sure we can figure out something.

Here are some pics of the trumpet, if the pics don't work email me at [email protected] for more information. Thanks all

P.s Comes with dulexe case and 7C mouthpiece.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    It blows.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Yeah right.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I still think it blows.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I still think it blows.

Maybe in the same way a vaccuum sucks. It is definately one sweet trumpet however I play tuba so no luck there. But hey I might know someone. Nice to know you aren't a reject trumpet player playing T.C. Baritone horn, afterall those are the ones I laugh at because they can't practice enough to cut it.

A@ron

P.S. AHHHEEEMMM whats wrong with a Souza band?! LOL I play souzaphone as well, you try marching with it for 6 hours 4 times a week.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Heh... s/sonic character/rattle/

Never was a fan of specifically jazz instruments. My Conn symphony trombone let me to muscle in some edge when I played in the high school jazz ensemble even though the bell has a really shallow flare. I originally used a Selmer/Bach student's trombone for jazz to get that "sonic character," but it really sucked having to switch between the two, since I can use a much bigger bore mouthpiece on the Conn, which I prefer.

Besides, it's much harder to take the edge off rather than vice-versa for all of us who pretty much stick with one instrument for performances.