Help me get out of Windows!!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Help!

I started my computer oddessey with the TRS-80 (aka Trash-80).

Then I moved up to the Good old Commodore-64.

Then I moved to DOS, then Windows 3.12, Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000 and then XP.

I now have a beautiful Ti 15" with Mac OS X. And I love it!!!!

Unfortunately, I still use Windows at work. It's my job. I'm a computer guy.

Where can I possibly find another job that pays the same kind of money (40's to 50's) but where they use MAC OS X???? Better yet, where they use nothing but Macs??

I supposed if I become an expert in Photoshop or Final Cut Pro I could do it, but that may be years away b/c I still have to make a decent living with my dayjob.

Ideally I would love to be a Photoshop Professional and a Final Cut Pro professional AND a Maya professional as well as an accomplished fiction writer and photographer.

Sound too outrageous?

Any advice on how to accomplish all this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Become Chairman of a major radiation oncology department and then you can use whatever you want.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Is that true??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha....
  • Reply 3 of 12
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    If your the "computer guy" cant you slowly start converting your company's systems to mac ??
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Heh....ever hear of something called company politics, executives personal agenda's and computer ignorance?...I do not have the power.....
  • Reply 5 of 12
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Try this... get all the windose boxes to open this in their browsers, then say "Sh!t, windows OS has been wiped and been replaced by Mac OS! we'll have to upgrade the whole lot to OSX and that means new Macs all round!!"

...sorry, and old one but a good one!
  • Reply 6 of 12
    To escape Windows...

1) Unlock latch

2) Lift to open.

3) Remove screen.

4) Leap through opening.

Should all else fail, use heavy object and strike glass.

Beware of sharp edges and go for freedom.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    bananabanana Posts: 61member
    Can't you use the doors like everyone else?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    You can always use the good old standby of higher initial cost but lower cost in the long run.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Stick with your job. In this economy, it wouldn't be prudent to switch jobs because of an OS thing. But, since you've got a powerbook, couldn't you take it with you? That's what I do.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    And have all those apple haters make fun of me? no thanks...

I always suggest to people, "why don't you get a mac?" and they always make THAT face...ha ha ha...

I've had my Ti now for about 3 weeks and just tonight I took a look at the Dell XP machine my wife uses and had to defrag it. So it's going to be a while, probably all night before it can be used again...

I've already transfered most of what I need from the Dell to the Ti. I cna't say enough about my Ti...it's the BEST computer I've ever had...and this goes back to the commodore 64 I used to use...

I swear I think I even FEEL more creative just because I'm using it.

Ha ha ha ha ha....
  • Reply 11 of 12
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

I always suggest to people, "why don't you get a mac?" and they always make THAT face...ha ha ha...

I've had my Ti now for about 3 weeks and just tonight I took a look at the Dell XP machine my wife uses and had to defrag it. So it's going to be a while, probably all night before it can be used again...

I've already transfered most of what I need from the Dell to the Ti. I cna't say enough about my Ti...it's the BEST computer I've ever had...and this goes back to the commodore 64 I used to use...

I swear I think I even FEEL more creative just because I'm using it.

Ha ha ha ha ha....

Just make sure you get AppleCare. No Mac laptop user should go without it. Reparing TiBooks can be costly when they're out of warantee.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

Yeah, but people swoon when they see a TiBook. I've had one for over a year and a half now. People just love 'em. I've had at least 4 friends convert to Macs since I came to college in August of '01, not in small part because they got a good look at my Ti.

Oh, and I second the thing about AppleCare. Apple makes a good computer, but AppleCare has saved my butt more than once. Most recently when my mouse went schizo on me. I just had a friend whose iBook's logic board went kaput. No AppleCare, now he's in the market for a new book. (Although, he's probably gonna end up with a new 12" Al, so, I guess that's not sooo bad after all, you know, minus that whole money thing. )