4/1/03

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
today is april fools day...

what are some good jokes that you have done or heard of?

one year I set off the smoke alarms in the house and put chocolate syrup in the milk... if i was better prepared i would have gotten some yeast and made homemade yogurt with the milk...

pretty harmless... I get to work tomorrow also... i should think up some fun things to do with remote desktop

others?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
  • Reply 2 of 10
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

LOL
  • Reply 3 of 10
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    today's the wife's birthday. i just promise not to pull any lame April Fool's jokes and i'm good to go.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    A story that Peter Jackson to do King Kong after The Lord of the Rings was in the Scotsman (even on the front page )
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

A story that Peter Jackson to do King Kong after The Lord of the Rings was in the Scotsman (even on the front page )

That would be a great April's fools joke...if it weren't for the fact that this is actually true. At least I think it is. This has been reported by several sources over the last couple of days, including the NYT, Variety and a number of New Zealand papers. I think even Universal themselves have formally announced this.

E Online story
  • Reply 6 of 10
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    xlr8yourmac.com :

Quote:

Change in PowerMac G4 Speed Designations -

In a move similar to AMD's previous change from denoting CPUs by clock speed, new PowerMacs with G4 CPUs will no longer be referred to by the CPU clock speed - instead the system's GigaFlops rating will be used. For example the dual 1.42GHz model will now be called the "PowerMac G4 21Giga". (The "Flops" designation was omitted due to that term's bad business connotations.)

Focus group studies have shown that many consumers preferred the higher number rating and many actually 'felt' the system labeled with "21Giga" was faster than the exact same system with a Dual 1.42GHz label (showing the placebo effect is present even with computer hardware).

ÊÊ

• Reply 7 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    On one of my friend's away message:

Quote:

april fools day - current standings:

nick - left naked in the shower with no clothes or towel; used the shower curtain to make it down the hall

chris - cell phone hidden in the room; called sporadically throughout the day

mark - bed taken and bunked on the highest bunk; now impossible to sleep in

joe and paul - couch and mattresses taken; couch set up in front of showers with "reserved" signs

chris - desk entirely cleared and then placed in the hall with everything from on the desk set up on the floor where the desk was, as it was

kyle - dresser placed inlevator and confiscated by the hall director; clothes rearranged around the room; desk placed in bathroom stall

roger (the RA) - door decorations moved to 402, my room for those of you who dont know

ron - will find a nice surprise when he jumps on to his bed to find no mattress there

It appears Joel our hall director does not like it when a dresser is in the elevator.

who's guilty for these? no one will ever tell - but more importantly, who's next??

• Reply 9 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

On one of my friend's away message:

• Reply 10 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

after work I got to come home to my mattress propped up against the door so I couldn't come in...bastards... its ok tho because im pretty sure I woke my roommate up when it fell and i turned the lights on when I came in to put it back... its all good