Hydra

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone seen this yet:

It's a text editor that allows collaboration over Rendezvous. It can also be used as an editor for Project Builder to allow pair-programmers to work on the same document from different machines.

It's little strokes of genius like this that reaffirm my faith in the Mac platform.

http://hydra.globalse.org/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Yeah, Rendezvous enables many cool applications.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    I was talking about this app and the things Rendezvous is allowing in another forum.

These kind of apps are perfect for classroom environments with wireless networks (Airport Extreme). I think that with Rendezvous Apple has revolutionized the way people are going to work together.

Instead of having a bunch of people crowding one computer or a bunch of people working on seperate parts of a document or project, everyone can have their own computer and work on the same document at the same time.

Here's to hoping the rumored iWorks will have this kind of Rendezvous collaboration feature across all the apps in the suite. iChat to chat with your group...and the rest of the collaboration done somewhat like Hydra (different hilight colors etc...)
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Now this is SWEET!

It took me a min to figure out that you need to turn off your firewall in your system prefs..but WOW. niice.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Damn, I wish BBedit would do something like this.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    iChalk!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Shout 0.1

This is a first release of my Rendezvous enabled program. It is like getting a memo from your boss over the network, or reading a bulletin board posting....

About this release: THE CLIENT WRITES THE CHARACTERS WRONG I am aware of most problems and for future releases there will be RTF and RTFD sendings and not just plain text, (I hope!)

I refuse to add Chat to this, and put it into one program, Shout Server and Client are designed with the classroom in mind, although other environments would work! and an another:
  • Reply 7 of 7
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Wow... that's really cool.

Now if only other people on this campus used Macs