Any particular reason why Apple.ru is still operating

iHyiHy
Posted:
in AAPL Investors
Any particular reason why US business is operating within the territory of post February 24, 2022 Russia? Should I as an investor (as minor as it may be) be worried about the sanity of the companies leadership?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,556member
    iHy said:
    Any particular reason why US business is operating within the territory of post February 24, 2022 Russia? Should I as an investor (as minor as it may be) be worried about the sanity of the companies leadership?
    Yes, of course you should! It is obvious that among all the things a huge international company may have to deal with in a time of war and complete cutoff of one region from all banking channels, as well as another country in which it has offices, stores, and a number of employees, that taking the webpage offline should be the first priority. 

Only a complete maniac would prioritise the safety of their employees and inventory in a country that has just been invaded. 

After all, what will the investors think? 

With all due respect (i.e. not much): GTFO.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Every source of truth and reality needs to stay open, even in China, Iran, and China.

Russia is threatening to cut off the internet, but they are clearly having second thoughts.
    They want to build their own government controlled internet, too (e.g. North Korea)
    Imagine an internet with no anonymity or privacy.
    State sponsored adware, fees, and filtered content.

Apple investors should be concerned about the business, ecology and profits, not politics.