Microsoft to go after Google.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    ti fighterti fighter Posts: 863member
    dont forget that before the gamecube nintendo never lost money on selling a console. they made more money per console than it took to produce. With the gamecube, its costs only a little more to make than the selling price, but they still wind up ahead in the end. Sony and MS live off of the software, they lose money on the hardware. So nintendo does not have anything to lose by continuing to have a console, unlike sega who lost money on their last 3. There is enough room for sony and nintendo. Just because MS has never had a huge failure and pulled out of a race doesn't mean it will never happen. I have a cube cuz of nintendo(and now capcom) software, a ps2 for all the major games, what do i need a xbox for? cant think of a reason most of japan can't think of one either
  • Reply 22 of 27
    snowstersnowster Posts: 68member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

dont forget that before the gamecube nintendo never lost money on selling a console. they made more money per console than it took to produce. With the gamecube, its costs only a little more to make than the selling price, but they still wind up ahead in the end. Sony and MS live off of the software, they lose money on the hardware. So nintendo does not have anything to lose by continuing to have a console, unlike sega who lost money on their last 3. There is enough room for sony and nintendo. Just because MS has never had a huge failure and pulled out of a race doesn't mean it will never happen. I have a cube cuz of nintendo(and now capcom) software, a ps2 for all the major games, what do i need a xbox for? cant think of a reason most of japan can't think of one either

I dont want to spoil the fun, but how did this thread turn from a smart discussion about Microsofts penetration into new markets to the rescue/resurrection of the Nintendo game console?

-Snowster
  • Reply 23 of 27
    I'm sorry I'll stop now. Carry on
  • Reply 24 of 27
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

what do i need a xbox for? cant think of a reason most of japan can't think of one either

DOA extreme volleyball!

What a gratuitous game......

Actually, I don't have any consoles, that's what friends are for!

I did here that DOA extreme volleyball is selling very well in Japan.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    ok you got me, boobies thats a good reason
  • Reply 26 of 27
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

ok you got me, boobies thats a good reason

Microsoft! Dam you for exploiting my only weakness. Must resist.... temptation.... to buy.... SeXBox.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    mmmmmmm, boobies...........