Reinstalled OSX-Preferences Screwy

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Starting up, I have to log in now, password and all. I used to not have to do that. It used to jsut start up. Also, the screen dims if its inactive for a short period of time. Not blank, just dimmed.

How can I change these things? I poked around and didn't find anything I could use.

Oh yeah, its an iBook 800mhz, so you know.

Thanks.

BTW, I feel kind of dumb for even having to ask this, but my brain is elsewhere today...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Go to Accounts in System Preferences. Select your profile and click Set Auto Login. Enter your password.

Go to Energy Saver in System Preferences. Click Show Details. Set when you want your display to sleep by moving the arrow around on the second bar.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    trebuchettrebuchet Posts: 176member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kecksy

Go to Accounts in System Preferences. Select your profile and click Set Auto Login. Enter your password.

Go to Energy Saver in System Preferences. Click Show Details. Set when you want your display to sleep by moving the arrow around on the second bar.

Hmmm... I already did that. Strange. Maybe resetting them will do the trick.

Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trebuchet

Hmmm... I already did that. Strange. Maybe resetting them will do the trick.

Thanks.

If that doesn't work, maybe something is wrong with your preference files. You might have to delete a few. Try deleting com.apple.loginwindow.plist in both the /Library/Preferences/ folder and the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder.