Microsoft Office 2003?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is microsoft making an Microsoft Office 2003 for Mac OS X? I know they said they were going to bring OneNote to Mac OS X. I'm just wondering if they will bring the rest of the office suite over to mac. Office 2003 on windows (i'm playing with the beta now) rocks!

Let me know if anybody has any information.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I believe they've said they'll release at least one more Office upgrade. We'll see what happens, especially if Apple decides to start rolling out some competition.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I believe that MS is making Office 2003 for X. I heard a rumor that it might be rewritten for Cocoa. That would be awesome to see a Cocoa version of Office. Does anyone else know about that rumor?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac OS X Addict

I believe that MS is making Office 2003 for X. I heard a rumor that it might be rewritten for Cocoa. That would be awesome to see a Cocoa version of Office. Does anyone else know about that rumor?

Dream

on.

And don't expect a new version of Office for the Mac until 2004.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kecksy

Dream

on.

And don't expect a new version of Office for the Mac until 2004.

I am dreaming. I don't expect a cocoa version of Office either.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    **** man just use LaTeX.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kecksy

Dream

on.

I'm trying to dream a little. My wife uses Word on her TiBook, and wonders why she can't make file names as long as on her Win95 machine I threw out a couple of years ago. Office is still hampered by the 32 char naming system, along with the many issues that causes her Word and Entourage to randomly crash.

It's too bad she's stuck on Word.