Need help - new G4 and can't get past the router and Zone Alarm firewall

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My new G4 just arrived and I can't get to any webpages except my router's firewall webpage. I have a Win98SE PC using a Linksys router and Earthlink DSL. I have the Zone Alarm Pro firewall for the router.

When I turned on my G4, it found the router and set the settings accordingly but when I open IE, I can only go to the linksys.zonelabs.com website. If I try to type in any other web address, I just get sent back to the linksys.zonelabs.com website. Can anyone help? I've already talked to Earthlink tech support and they said to call Linksys. I'm on hold with them now. I suspect they'll tell me to call Zone Labs.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    inkheadinkhead Posts: 155member
    Turn off that stupid fu cking utility called zone alarm. IT IS without a doubt the most retarded program invented. it screws everything up and just notifies you all the time. uninstall it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Run Zone Alarm on the PC and use Brickhouse ($25) or the command line (free - but you need to know what you're doing) to configure ports for OSX.

I have a similar setup running at home - G4 powerbook and Win 98SE box sharing a Linksys router / 802.11b base station - and it works fine for me. The only problems I have experienced with Zone Alarm (I'm using the free version) is when connecting to the Windows box from my powerbook over smb.