on tuesday?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    xypexype Posts: 672member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jack Wiley:

<strong>how likely do you think it is that the new

powermacs will be released or atleast announced

on tuesday?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmmm... dunno. Did Apple invite any journalists over for tuesday? Or will it be a stealth 67 mhz update?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    cthulucthulu Posts: 20member
    Why do they need to announce an announcement beforehand? Isnt that a tautology? Lets say that Tuesday morning a new 2 gigahertz G5 powermac is released,is there some danger that the media wont notice this on Apples website that millions go to every week? And if they issue a press release that same day how could anyone miss it?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Well, no, it doesn't have to be nationally announced before. However, Apple usually calls a press confrence for days when they are going to release something.

BEN
  • Reply 4 of 10
    vr6.1vr6.1 Posts: 9member
    Every time Apple has had a press event in the pastÂ*2 years to announce something (like iBook and PowerMac speed increases) the details had been leaked to the press between the time of the invitation and the announcement itself.

Apple suspects its PR firm or personnel of being the cause of the leak as in the following conversation:

Apple PR person: "Hello"

News.com person: "Hello, I've received an inviation to an announcement. I don't really know if I can make it. Can you tell me what it's about so I know if it's worth my while to come."

Apple PR person: "Uh yeah, we're speed bumping our Powermacs to 1 Gigaherz, but you can't say anything about it until after the announcement".

News.com person while secretly crossing fingers: "I promise"

Now Apple will simply announce and there will be no leak.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Apple does not always have a press announcement prior to introducing new product or call a press conference. Last year they introed about 3 upgrades of excisting product simply by showing them on their website. It will be either this Tuesday or next.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    If I get any more excited about tuesday I'll wet myself. Do ya think there will be some kind of webcast I could watch?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Could they be tempting fate by announcing on the 13th? Why not the 14th?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    [quote]Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself:

<strong>If I get any more excited about tuesday I'll wet myself. Do ya think there will be some kind of webcast I could watch?</strong><hr></blockquote>

As mentioned dozens of times, Apple only has press events for new products or radically innovative upgrades. Even if Apple were to come out with a 2.5ghz powermac with ddr on tuesday, there would be no event because the pc side already has those numbers. A lot of people thought the ipod wasnt worth a press event, what chance do you think an upgraded powermac does?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by dna500:

<strong>Could they be tempting fate by announcing on the 13th? Why not the 14th?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Its not a Friday. Sheesh.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    I think this is being discussed in a few other threads, please do not post redundant things.

Questions? Check out the Posting Guidelines at the top of every page.