Switcher Q - How to speed up the mouse

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I've just switched to an MDD G4 with 20 inch cinema display and the mouse is just way too slow. I've got it on the fastest setting there is in the mouse prefs. The slower I move the mouse, the slower the cursor moves. I know there's some sort of acceleration effect but I don't like it. I like my old PC mouse speed where I can zoom across the screen. Is there some software that will give me increased mouse speed and linear behavior?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    trydtryd Posts: 143member
    Quote:

Originally posted by EdinLA43

I've just switched to an MDD G4 with 20 inch cinema display and the mouse is just way too slow. I've got it on the fastest setting there is in the mouse prefs. The slower I move the mouse, the slower the cursor moves. I know there's some sort of acceleration effect but I don't like it. I like my old PC mouse speed where I can zoom across the screen. Is there some software that will give me increased mouse speed and linear behavior?

If you want the mouse to move fast across the screen just move the mouse fast! I like the way I can have the mouse move across the screen by just moving it a few cms on the table. And still have the minute control by moving it slow.

Personally I like the Mac mousedrivers way better than Windows'. It's all about Fitt's law. The Mac takes it into account, Windows doesn't.

I don't think I have ever seen software that changes the Mac mouse to a linear behaviour.

Sorry that I can't be of any help.
  • Reply 2 of 4
  • Reply 3 of 4
    frostymmbfrostymmb Posts: 131member
    Don't worry, USB Overdrive is the software than can fix your troubles. You can speed up the mouse dramatically (by adjusting the dpi). You could set the acceleration to 0% if you'd like, but that won't let you zoom your pointer across the screen. I have mine set to 200% so that the pointer moves across the screen with only a couple inches of mouse movement. Mess around with the settings until you find a combo that works for you.

http://www.usboverdrive.com/
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks Frosty and Magic Fingers. I ended up going with the USBoverdrive. It's just what I was looking for and now my mouse is happy. Thanks again. I'm really beginning to love this Mac.