iTunes album syncing seems broken, any fix?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Here's the situation:

Bought an EP a few months back.  Good stuff.  Couple months later I bought the follow-up full album and it has 2 tracks from the EP on it.

All should be okay, right? Because Apple knows the tracks are the same.  And they do know, kind of.  But they don't *really* know how to deal with it, because my full album shows up with tracks  1, 2, 3,    5, 6,    8, 9, 10, 11....

It just doesn't include tracks 4 or 7 on the album AT ALL!  If I want to listen to those songs I need to go out and load the EP and find them there.

Yes, I can make a separate playlist of the correct songs, but that leaves a mess with an album that can't be used, and two big images of the same album and I have to remember which is which.  Not to mention I don't really like/use playlists; I generally prefer to play albums as they were arranged by the artists.

Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?  Anyone seen this problem before?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Apple’s music library management has been terrible for years. Loads of my albums are arbitrarily divided in two. Just gotta live with it because Apple sure as hell aren’t fixing it; they only care about pushing Apple Music.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks for the reply, though I'm kind of left speechless and was hoping someone else might post a follow-up with some magic.

Seriously, is this just an ongoing problem for everyone?  How are y'all coping with such stupidity?  There are lots of albums that have shared songs with EPs or singles.  I just ran across it again about a week ago with a completely different album/artist.

Anyone??