AppleTV Home Sharing hardware requirements and specs by generation?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Does anyone have a reference for the specs for Home Sharing requirements broken down by AppleTV models?

I have a 3rd gen and a 4th gen, with a home server (mini) running OS 10.11. 

iTunes 12.8.3 would not Home Share with AppleTV 4th gen as the 4th Gen requires OS 10.15 evidently.  The 4th gen unit never 'saw' the home sharing from the mini server, although it had no trouble seeing home sharing when turned on from my MBP running OS11 or OS12.

Note that the 4th gen has a dialog stating Home Sharing requires Catalina or iTunes 11.2 or better.   Evidently, this is wrong as iTunes 12.8.3 would supercede 11.2, unless that dialog should read 'requires Catalina AND iTunes 11.2 or better.    Not really a problem as my older 3rd gen did all the heavy lifting I wanted for my personal home streaming system.

The 3rd gen had no issues seeing and sharing from the home server up until very recently where it is now using tvOS 7.6.    The 3rd gen continues to be able to see sharing from the laptop running OS12 and the current Music (1.2.5.7) or TV (1.2.5.7) apps.

I've provisioned a test Macbook Pro with OS 10.13 and iTunes 12.8.3.1   -  the 3rd gen still cannot see this.

So -- does anyone have a spec sheet on current system requirements for using Home Sharing on a per-AppleTV model or tvOS matrix?   Kinda bummed an in-home streaming solution that has served me well for so many years may have been broken by a system update.

For the record: I have deauthorized and reauthorized all devices, power-cycled all network components/computers/appleTVs, signed out and signed in to iCloud multiple times.