Finance tracker Mint finally gains Apple Card support

Posted:
in General Discussion
Users of the Mint app can add Apple Card as an official account to track transactions.

Add Apple Card to Mint
Add Apple Card to Mint

Budget tracking apps require special logins in order to obtain transaction data, and Apple Card did not enable such access -- until now. In a much-wanted updated, users of the Mint application can now sign into their Apple ID to view and categorize transactions to get a more complete budget.

The login process is straightforward. Users go to the add accounts view and select Apple Card, then log in using their Apple ID. To ensure the best results, turn off ad blockers in the browser view with the Aa button.

Once authorized, Apple Card transactions will automatically populate the Mint app.

Apple does say Mint will need to be re-authorized access every 90 days. Also, users can revoke access to their Apple Card at any time via the Apple ID website.

This is a vastly improved workflow. Previously, it was possible to use Apple Card data in budget apps, but it required manually exporting statements and then importing them.

Read on AppleInsider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    What about Quicken?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Very interesting.  Now I wonder if we users of Quicken for Mac will see future access to transaction downloads from our AMC account.  A long time ago I read someplace that Apple denied Quicken access due to Apple's privacy standards.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Huh, this has been available in Mint for months.  Maybe it was only beta but it has worked fine for months. 
    edited November 2022 netroxexgeniustrainerwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jamnap said:
    Very interesting.  Now I wonder if we users of Quicken for Mac will see future access to transaction downloads from our AMC account.  A long time ago I read someplace that Apple denied Quicken access due to Apple's privacy standards.
    I think you read wrong. It’s Goldman Sachs. GM Mastercard holders are experiencing the same thing since being moved from Capital One to Marcus by Goldman Sachs. My GM Mastercard worked with Quicken for years until the move to Goldman Sachs, then pffft. For a while Goldman Sachs was telling card holders, “We’re working on it.” Now there’s no mention anywhere on the site. Users were apoplectic with many saying they would cancel their cards, much like Apple Card users.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Huh, this has been available in Mint for months.  Maybe it was only beta but it has worked fine for months. 
    Well, as you might know, betas don’t count and using beta software when it comes to personal finance is a giant no-no, just like running macOS betas on one’s production machine, a really dumb move.
    watto_cobra