Psst.. Wanna cheap iPod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just returned from Target with an iPod in hand for less than $300. The 10 GB model, mind you, went from $399 to $279. So if you live near a Target, I would highly recommend visiting ASAP, as they are selling out quickly (The cashier was about to purchase the last Windows model). All thanks to this contract dispute. God, I love Apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Man, I just don't get why people think that this is a good thing. Yeah, cool, cheaper iPod, but Apple has lost two major resellers. I think that this is awful.

However, it is cool getting a 10 gigger for $300. I got a 5GB iPod last year for $339. Go figure.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Oh, absolutley, I agree that in the big picture sense, it's unfortunate for a small, oddly-perceived computer maker struggling for marketshare to lose two major inroads into the mass consumer market. But in the instant gratification sense, this is awesome. I mean, a 10 gig iPod for 280 clams! Of course, on April 28th, I might be the biggest sucker in the world, but until then, 'party' is spelled i-P-o-d!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gordy

Man, I just don't get why people think that this is a good thing. Yeah, cool, cheaper iPod, but Apple has lost two major resellers. I think that this is awful.

However, it is cool getting a 10 gigger for $300. I got a 5GB iPod last year for $339. Go figure.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump Apple for this. Apple's probably discussing new contracts with all their major partners right now, including Dell, Target, Fry's and whoever else was on the list of discredited dealers.

As for Target selling Apple stuff, I never thought it was a good deal. Target's for selling cheap plastic things with cheap plastic smells...it's not for people walking in with $300 to dump on an mp3 player, not worth stocking the shelves anyway.